TWO | 𝓣𝓱𝓮 '𝓡𝓾𝓽𝓱𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓡𝓮𝓫𝓮𝓵'

•┈┈┈••✦ ♡ ✦••┈┈┈•

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐥.

The room I'm in looks nothing like the inside of a train, and yet it is. Marble flooring, white leather armchairs, stacks and stacks of desserts decorating every polished surface. Gorgeous chandeliers illuminate everything with a stunning golden glow. It's incredible, yet disgusting at the same time. Disgusting, considering people from the Districts have to work for a meal whilst the Capitol have their means of transport furnished with food that ought to last them months. The way of life these people are blessed with is ridiculous.

"You're Joey's cousin," Mike states, stealing my focus away from my thoughts.

"Yeah," I reply, not looking at him. I'm not in the mood for talking right now.

"Joey told everyone I cheated on her," Mike chuckles humouresly, looking out of the window. "She had to go and ruin my reputation,"

I turn to look at Mike, extremely bewildered. "You're talking about cheating on my cousin, whilst we're on a train to our certain deaths?"

"Might aswell get everything off my chest if I'm gonna kick the bucket in a few weeks,"

I continue to stare at Mike, trying to understand. "Yeah...I suppose," I shrug.

Mike sighs. "I should've dated you. Joey was a lame kisser honestly. You're so much more-"

"Don't compare me Joey," I snap. "How dare you talk about my cousin like that!"

Mike tries to defend himself but I get up to leave the room before I can hear any more of his idiotic words. Out of all the odds, this dumbass has ended up being the male tribute from my District. Lucky me.

I walk towards some glass doors and they open as soon as I'm within one metre of them. I'm met with a long corridor stretching out incredibly far away. How large is this train? Many doors with intricate carvings line up against the wall to my right. I walk up to one and it also opens automatically as I near it.

A bedroom. It's quite large, and a hundred times prettier than mine back at home. Bright, delicate lights hang from the ceiling, contrasting with the deep juniper colour of the walls. A mahogany dresser stands tall and flush against the smooth cream ceiling, and decorative artworks adorn every inch of the remarkable room. A large bed decorated with vibrant blankets is placed in the middle, and I walk towards it. I slowly brush my hand against the soft material. Then, my attention is drawn to the window. A simple square, juxtaposing the rest of the elegantly decorated bedroom. There is fresh air beyond it. Fresh air. I need fresh air.

I walk towards it but as my hand reaches out to touch the handle of the window, I hear a voice.

"Wouldn't do that if I were you,"

I turn around, slightly startled, and I'm met with the most stunning sea-green eyes. A guy, similar age to me. His skin radiates a beautiful, golden glow, and his messy bronze hair, chiselled jawline and warming expression all make him perhaps the most angelic-looking person I've ever seen. Cute dimples reside on each side of his handsome face. "The air's absolutely freezing out there, believe me," he chuckles, walking closer and holding out a hand. "Finnick Odair,"

"Yeah...I know," I reply. "I'm Alana Griffin,"

Slowly I recognise his appearance. I know who he is. He was District Four's male tribute for the Hunger Games three years ago. Finnick Odair, the fourteen year old victor. He must be my mentor, that's probably why he's here. I'd forgotten all about mentors, purely from the shock of all the sudden events that have taken place in the past hour. I had no idea seventeen year olds could be mentors - Finnick is the same age as me.