Prologue

5 Years Ago .....

"Mal!" She called out. "I'm right here, I'm right here." He told her as he grabbed her and held her. "What's going to happen? Why are they chasing you?" She asked. "Ima tell you later but for right now you have to leave." He said. "Leave?! I'm not leaving you to deal with them by yourself." She snapped.

"Look mama, it's either you or me. And I just can't let it be you." He said as he held her face. "But what about you? What about us?" She asked. "Listen, I'm gonna come back for you. I always do... but if I don't then you are free to do whatever you want in life. Just don't fuck yourself up. Promise me that, please." He said. She hesitated at first but quickly made her promise.

"Now go home, I'll be back I swear. I love you Trina." "I love you too Jamal."

....

PRESENT ( 3 Weeks Ago )

"Good morning." She stood in line waiting to get her usual Starbucks order. "It'll be ready in 5, Ms. Lyons." The cashier told her. She smiled and nodded before walking out to her company car. "Thank you Benny." She said as her security guard opened the door. Sliding into the car next to her friend was Trina. Trina Lyons, the most famous IG model of her generation.

Sitting next to her was her best friend Noel Young. Noel was a famous rapper and singer. Every now and again she tries to convince Trina to be in a video but Trina always declines. They had met each other during their freshmen year of college and been inseparable ever since. "One day, you gon turn into some damn Starbucks Trin." Noel told her causing Trina to chuckle.

"At least I'd still be sweet and delicious." Trina replied as the Starbucks employee brought out her order. Feeling her phone vibrate, Trina dug into her purse and answered it. "I'm just getting Starbucks." She said. Based on how quickly her mood changed, Noel automatically knew who she was on the phone with. Cameron.

Cameron Osborn.

A multimillion car dealer. Who also happens to be, Trina's longtime cheating boyfriend of four years. "Damn what you got an attitude for? I can't call you now?" Trina instantly grew irritated. She had literally just caught Cameron cheating just the other day. "Don't you have to check in with lil miss thing?" She asked him. She rolled her eyes as Cam sucked his teeth. "We still on that? That was three days ago Trin, I thought we moved past it?" He asked.

"I didn't move past shit!" She snapped. "Well let me make it up to you. They're having a celebration down in Town Square, I can book us a flight-" "No thanks I'd rather not get cheated on in New York. It's bad enough I have to deal with it two hours away from my hometown." Trina said as she cut him off.

"Bruh, tonight would've been all about us Trinity." He argued, calling her by her actual first name. "No thanks, hold on somebody is calling me anyway." Trina said as she looked down at her phone. "Who is that? Put it on speaker." Noel told her as she and Trina both shared a confused look at the unsaved number. "Um, hello?"

"I told you I was gonna come back for you mama."