My Wife... again?

(I recommend listening to “Aftermath - Caravan Palace” whilst you read).

[ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ]
11/26/2023

Okay, okay. I know I said I need to get over Steph, I get it, I know. But... I miss her. And I'm not someone who can handle that very well. I don't do too well on my own, as you can tell, but in all honesty I don't do too well with other people either. They frustrate me and are just overall irritating to interact with. I hope there are people who think like this too otherwise I sound like a crazy person and trust me I'm far from that. I'm a normal guy who lives in a normal town. Ah, I'm getting distracted and rambling once again, my apologies.

Stephanie always said my rambles were annoying and pointless. I used to enjoy talking for ages about certain topics but she kinda ruined that for me, haha. I don't understand how I miss her. She never was very nice to me. She always insulted my hobbies and interests, she refused to eat my burgers (which we had many, many arguments about), she ignored me half the time, and so much more shit. Shockingly enough, I still love her. We were together for ten years and about four of them weren't very pleasant. Since we adopted Daniel, she was so distant with me and took him out of the house everyday for hours at a time. I don't know why because she never gave me an explanation. All I know is that she took him to school five days a week and stayed out the house all day until he got out. I don't know what she was doing. She'd do the same on weekends too. Yes, I didn't exactly do much with her and our boy but I never got the chance to! She didn't work (as far as I know) so she had no reason to be outside for that long. Was she with some other people? Her friends? If she'd told me about that, it'd be okay but y'know, she didn't. Was it a guy? Was she cheating on me for all those years? I wouldn't put it past that bitch. What an absolute fucking whor-

Ah, my apologies! I never usually talk about people this badly, I promise. I'm a nice guy! My meds haven't been working well the last few days so I've been a bit irritable recently. I only got my prescription recently but I think I need a higher dosage. Or just new pills. I've been on these for like eight years with the additional pills I only got this year. I need to bring this up with Dr Green.

Or... I don't mention it at all. Steph always yelled at me if I forgot to take my pills so if I just don't take them, that's the best way to get over her! That's perfect! She won't be in my head telling me to take them everyday. I've been taking them consistently for eight years straight so... I'll see how I go for about a week? Two? I'm not sure. It should be okay right? I don't want pills to control me and my life anymore. I don't want her to either. I don't want her to be a part of my life. I used to. Not anymore. That was before she walked out on me. Before she left me for no good reason. She wanted me out of her life all those years ago and now I want her out of mine. She took my son away from me and anything I could use to remember him by. Wait, didn't.. didn't he come back? No, no, I'm remembering it wrong, haha. He didn't come back. Or did he? I can't remember what happened. It was so long ago.

He must've come back. The bunny plush, he took that everywhere. Why was it outside? I was outside, I must've seen who put it there, right? Wh- why was I outside? The argument was at night... I should've been inside. Why did we argue? I could've been drinking.. no, no I didn't drink back then. Steph would have murdered me. What were we doing? I need to call her. I never blocked her number. I know what I said about her being out of my life but I'm calling her. I need an answer.

[sᴘᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ/ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴅʏʟᴀɴ's ᴍɪɴᴅ]
“Hello? Stephanie Anderson speaking.” She got remarried? We never divorced though. She wasn't married a few weeks ago.

“It's me. I won't sugarcoat it. B-but don't hang up yet, please.”

“Dylan. I told you to block my number when you last called.”

“Yes, I uh, I know. I just have a question which I really need an answer to. My meds aren't working right recentl-”

“What's the question Dylan?” Wow, straight to the point. I see she hasn't changed at all.

“What did we argue about the night you, you left? I can't remember for the life of me.” I can hear her sigh, seemingly annoyed, and I'm prepared to be yelled at once again.

“You found out Daniel wasn't actually adopted and was... my son with another man. You found some emails on my computer and confronted me. I had to hide in our room with Daniel because you started acting aggressive. Look, I didn't want to leave but...”
I don't hear anything else she says. My heart feels like it's going to beat out of my chest. The world starts spinning.

Daniel wasn't mine? At all?

- - -

-w/c: 912!!
-Anyone expect that? Some people I know irl knew a little bit but not the full extent of it. I hope everyone's enjoying this story and trust me it's going to get even better and more... interesting... as we continue :3

ᖴIᑎᑎ ☆