Legolas x reader (request)

You were walking around Mirkwood, the dense trees gave it an ominous look, but there wasn't as much danger as there used to be. As you kept looking around, you accidently bumped into someone. 

“Oops, sorry,” you say quickly, stepping back to see who it was. It was Legolas! Prince of Mirkwood! 

“Are you ok?” He asked, brushing your shoulder off. 

“Yeah, um if I may ask, where were you headed?” You tilted your head slightly, waiting for his answer. 

“I'm just out for a walk,” he shrugged, “you?” 

“Same here actually.” You chuckle and he smiled. 

“Well, do you want to join me? You don't have to but I'd enjoy the company.” you couldn't believe your ears. Walk with Legolas?? Who would say no to that offer?

“No it's alright, where are we headed?” You asked as you two started walking again. 

“There's a clearing in the woods, it's beautiful and helps clear my mind.” He walked with his hands behind his back, and you nodded.

For a while you two walked in silence, unsure what to talk about. But it wasn't uncomfortable or weird. 

“So what's it like being a prince?” You blurt out. He looked over at you, a bit surprised by the answer. 

“Oh, it's… well, stressful most of the time. But other times it's not as bad. What's it like… being… normal?” He looked like he was unsure how to word it. You laugh softly.

“Well, it's nice but it's stressful as well.” You say and he nodded slightly. 

Not too much later, you neared a clearing. And stars above it was beautiful. You were breathless, and you looked over to Legolas, who was smiling. 

“It's stunning, isn't it?” He said, then he grabbed your hand and led you into the clearing. There were flowers that shone in the light, the sun seeping through the light covering of sunlight, making it brighter than most parts in the forest. 

You looked at Legolas, his hair golden in the light. He was smiling like he didn't have a care in the world. You noticed he was still holding your hand, but you didn't pull away, it felt nice. 

“Do you know how to dance?” The Prince asked, breaking the silence. 

“Yeah, why?” You tilted your head slightly. He answered by starting to dance, your fingers now intertwined with his, his hand on your waist, and you moved your hand to his shoulder. 

He led you in a dance, and you were blushing more. 

“You're a good dancer.” He complimented as he slowed down and looked into your eyes. You could've sworn you saw a slight pink crawl up on his cheeks. 

“Thanks, you too.” You smiled and he smiled back. 

“Would you like to do this again?” He asked, his head tilting the slightest. 

“Uh,” you blush, “sure… yeah, yeah.” You weren't sure what to say. 

“Really? I mean, it was kind of a random request.” He turned a bit more red and your face felt warm. You couldn't say anything, so you just nodded. 

“Oh, I never asked your name.” He said, smiling softly. 

“I'm y/n,” you smile back. 

“Y/n… that's a beautiful name.” He brushed a strand of hair out of your eyes. “I guess you already knew I'm Legolas.” He chuckled and you laughed. 

“I should get back before my father wonders where I am… should we meet here in a week?” 

You nod and smile, he smiles back and starts to walk away. 

“Farewell!” you waved and blushed. 

.    .    . 

You and Legolas met once a week in the clearing, and you two became good friends. 

Now you two were sitting on one of the stones, chatting. You were telling a story about your younger sister. 

“She's the sweetest elf ever,” you sigh, “I wish I could be more like her.” 

“Y/n… don't say that, you're amazing.” He placed a hand on your shoulder. You sighed and blushed, smiling as you looked at him. 

“You really think so?” 

“I know so.” He whispered, smiling softly, “I mean, I dont just dance with anybody.” you saw a slight pink creep up on his face and you almost burst out into laughter. 

“What's so funny?” he asked, seeing the amused look on your face. 

“The Prince of Mirkwood… blushing? That's something I've never seen.” you tease and he blushes more. He looked adorable. 

“Well-” he sputtered. Then he smiled, “see? Another reason why you're amazing, you made me blush.” 

Then you did something very unelf-like, you pulled him into a hug, blushing furiously now. He was startled and didn't move or speak. You were about to pull away, embarrassed, when he hugged you back.

Then he pulled you up onto your feet and he smiled, blushing more, and you two started to dance again, gazing into each other's eyes, but sometimes shying away. 

You finally looked up to the sky as you both slowly danced. He followed your gaze. It was almost a perfect circle, and the moon shone in the sky, stars scattered around. Slowly you and Legolas stopped dancing altogether and just held hands as you looked to the sky.

“It's beautiful.” Legolas broke the silence, and you looked at him and nodded in agreement.

“It's almost surreal.” Your voice was soft. Then you felt the Prince’s hand slip out of yours.

“I am sorry, miss y/n. I really must head back though… I will see you again next week?” he smiled softly and saw the hope sparkle in his eyes.

“Of course!” You smiled back and his smile widened as he pulled you into a hug. The second hug in one night.

“I cannot wait to see you again.” He pulled away, then swifty kissed your forehead and hurried off before you could tell him goodbye.

IM SO SORRY IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO WRITE THIS T-T grr writers block and my memory
anyways hope you liked it!
Autumnhawtseason