𝕊𝕦𝕣𝕧𝕚𝕧𝕚𝕟𝕘 ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕡𝕥𝕠𝕟

Michel'le's pov:

I grew up in south central. Gangs, guns, and hip hop all waiting to explode. Welcome to my neighborhood, Dr.Dre, N.W.A . Homeboy conquering heroes. I'm proud of 'em, we all are. They're like icons, who knew how to do it. Straight outta Compton, and into the world. Everybody keeps asking me "girl why you ain't in they movie, you was there. You was down with ruthless records, right along with them Boys" That movie ain't about me. That's them telling the story they wanna tell. History gets told by the winners, I got my own history. My own story, about a girl from the hood. I am Michel'le.

It started when I was little, the seeds of hip hop. Cops busting brothers for just being black. Gangs replacing families. Music trading smooth melody, for hardcore rhythm tracks. Hip hop was waiting to explode, and even back then in Compton. The fuse was already lit. "Why did you lose your lunch box?! Losing things huh? I can't afford that!" A woman said while dragging her son by the arm, I watched as I stood behind my Meme.

I grew up in south central it seems like someone was always getting hit "Meme when I get grown, I ain't never going to let a man put his hand on me like that" I said to my Meme "So you say. When a man hits a woman it's because well, his hands are working faster than his brain. And a woman might be smart, but she's still going to get hit." My Meme said back to me as she looked at me.

"Never make a man want to hit you, and if you do. Then you fix it" my mom said (I don't know who the lady was supposed to be but we just gon say it was her mom) "And you fix yourself fast, hear me?" My Meme said as she looked at me.

So many of the decisions you make in life depend on what you was taught as a child.

That's the end of part one 🥳 I'm so happy to be making this book because I loveeee the movie so much, but yeah. Part two later today or tomorrow, byeeeee👋🏽