21. Lasting forever (bonus part)

sunsun in their adult lives..

sunoo pov

"One.. one more bottle, please!" Kim Sunoo stuttered, raising his index finger in the air as his eyes remained closed and his body moved to the music from side to side. It wasn't until he felt an arm around his shoulder and a hand pinning his arm down that he finally opened his eyes, confused and angry.

"Ahjumma, we don't need another bottle, thanks." Jay said cautiously to the shopkeeper before returning his gaze back to Sunoo and giving him a nudge, "Enough is enough, Sunoo-ssi"

Their now seven-year friendship was enough for Jay to know Sunoo's behavior when the man hits the bottle—the guy doesn't stop drinking once he starts. A certainly bad habit of Sunoo's that he tried and succeeded in getting rid of many times, but that night Sunoo couldn't help it anymore.

"What the hell are you doing, Park Jongseong?! Give me my— Eeeourgh!"

"Shit, I told you to stop drinking so much, Kim Sunoo." Jay scolded, holding Sunoo's body tightly while searching for a bowl to hold under his head, because he couldn't handle getting puke all over his chest tonight, not when he had barely been here at the class reunion for barely half an hour.

Meanwhile, Sunoo kicked his legs under the table like a little child and of course Jay was the only one to look over him.

"Haa.. where the hell did the other guy's go to when I need them?" Jay said under his breath, scanning the crowded tables with furrowed brows and decided to excuse him and Sunoo from the old classmates before bringing his friend to a more private table.

As Jay maneuvered through the bustling crowd with Sunoo draped over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes, he couldn't help but feel a mixture of frustration and concern. Sunoo's druken antics were becoming more than just a nuisance; they were turning into a spectacle that neither of them needed.

Finally reaching a secluded corner of the venue, Jay gently lowered Sunoo into a chair and sighed heavily. He glanced around once again, hoping to spot some familiar faces who could help handle the situation, but it seemed like everyone was preoccupied with their own conversations and revelries.

"Jay Hyung.. what did I do wrong..?" Sunoo sobbed and clutched Jay's arm, holding him back from leaving his side. "Why is the world so.. cruel to me, Jay?"

Hearing that, the older one lowered his head to catch a glimpse of the younger's face, shocked at the sudden emotional outburst. He stood there, across from Sunoo, observing every detail—the way the little guy's nose reddened and sniffled, the tears tracing down his flushed cheeks and the trembling pout the younger was wearing.

With a tender gesture, Jay kneeled down beside his friend and gently placed a hand on his shoulder. "You never did anything wrong, Sunoo." he said softly, his voice laced with tenderness. "It's going to be okay again, okay?"

And just as Jay was about the continue, the television announcer's voice rings out with excitement from the TV across the room, "Coming up next, an exclusive interview with the sensational ice skater, Park Sunghoon, as he shares his journey and secrets to success in the ice!"

".........."

Admist the captivating conversation, the interviewer shifts gears, "And let's not forget the incredible victory you secured just tonight! Can you walk us through that momentous performance?"