S T O P & S T A R E

"And my heartbeat's sounding like rain on the rooftops."

"Yes mama, I know." I woke up to my little sister softly speaking to my mom over the phone. she had crawled into bed with me sometime during the night.

"How long have you been up?" I ask her, my voice quiet and raspy.

"All night..." Makayla replies softly "Mama wants to talk to you before work." She adds, handing me her phone.

"Hey peach!" My mom says full of energy at 4 in the morning

"Goodmorning mama." I say, still half asleep.

"How have my girls been? Everything going well? You got enough to eat? Enough money?" My mom asks as Makayla leans her head over onto my chest, tiredness hitting her as soon as she leans on me.

"We are doing fine mama. Mak just needs some time to adjust. It's a big move." I say looking down at my little sister who was sleepily fidgeting with comforter.

"I know peach. Just be there for her like you always have. You've got as much maternal instincts as I do if not more for anyone you see." My mom says, I can hear the smile on her face through the phone.

"Have you and dad talked about when y'all are gonna come visit?" I ask, hoping it's sometimes soon. I may be 23 but sometimes and girl just needs her parents to be there. Makayla definitely needs it too.

"We are thinking about coming to the first game!!" My mom says, knowing her girls need her.

"I can pay for planes tickets and tickets to the game." I tell her, knowing she would argue with me.

"Now Vivienne Marie, you know it makes me madder than a hornet when you ask to pay for something like that." My mom says, and Makayla and I both giggle at her response softly.

We sit there for another hour, soaking in each other's company and our mom's distant company before we both decide to start getting ready.

I was wearing a simple outfit. A light grey dri-fit nike shirt, with light grey nike athletic shorts, paired with white nike sock and my panda dunks.

(liked by brockpurdy, cherryb, 49er, gkittle, nbsmallerbear, christianmccaffery, and 15k more)viv

viv.blake: smiley cause i'm back in the Bay permanently 😊

cherryb: or are you just excited to see brock?
^^brockpurdy: both
^^^viv.blake: both

49ers: OUR GIRL IS BACK!!
^^viv.blake: 🙌🏻❤️‍🩹