2 - Oceans Apart

"You know, those guys on that team you work for, are sooo fine." Lauren, Vanessa's sister, spoke from the other end of the phone.

"Oh yeah, if only there wasn't an ocean between you..." Vanessa teased sarcastically, drawing out her syllables, lying on her bed on her back, phone resting on her just below her chest.

"Exactly, that's my ONLY reason I've not made out with basically every one of them by now." She laughs "Not all of them tho, cause O'Brian, Hughes, and Obisanya aren't really my type, still crazy hot though."

"Let's be honest here Ren, the oceans not the only reason. I think even if they all lived in a cul de sac with you, you still wouldn't chat with them." Vanessa knew her sister better than anyone, and while Lauren was confident in every aspect of her life, all that confidence left when it comes to interacting with guys, especially guys she's into, which there are alot of.

"HEY!" Lauren practically yelled back. "I know how to talk to guys!"

"Geeky art school boys, that's different " Vanessa corrected.

"Says you Nessa, you have literally never been on a date or anythingggg, your love life is so dryyyy" Ren teases her, while still not being wrong. It's not like Vanessa had never had crushes on anyone, but it's also not like she didn't just push those feelings down and away, to be felt when she was less busy.

"THIS, is not about me. I have no need for something like that in my life right now. Good luck for you though." A knock on the door. Interrupts their conversation. Nessas roommate stepping in the room giving a polite wave and retreating over to the desk on her side of the room.

"Oh, shit. My lunch is over I have to go to class now." Lauren huffed. "I'd wait for you to say good bye but I'm already late so have a good evening and get your full 8 hours of sleep goodnight!" Was the last thing she said before abruptly hanging up.

"Hey Zoë, how was dinner with you brother?" Vanessa asked. The two of them had been room mates since their first year in uni together, they had gotten quite close and they each had their routines the other picked up on, one of Zoës regular activities was going out for dinner with her brother once a week, usually the same day but occasionally they would switch it up due to his work often bringing him out of town.

"Oh it was great, his new manger is really interesting he's been saying, he's an American and is totally unqualified." Zoë laughs to herself as she opens her laptop. "But he seems like a nice guy cause the guy before him was kind of a creep."

The evening trailed on, each doing their own thing with some casual bits of conversation in between.

New text from: Olii 🏒

Hey Nessa, finally saw that interview with the new Richmond coach. You met him yet?

New text sent from: Nessa 🧡

I work in merchandise, I don't really interact with the team. But yeah, I've met him. What are you thoughts lol

New text from: Olii 🏒

Can I unironically call him a hoser or is that to rude? Even I know more about soccer than him! And I'm a one sport kinda guy!

New text sent from: Nessa 🧡

Folks here are calling him a wanker, which I'd say is worse so go ahead haha. I've seen some of the press conferences from my spot, he's weird. He asked me for directions, oddly friendly, he'd get along with dad.

New text from: Olii 🏒

I'll google wanker later... 🤨
But this guy doesn't even know the offside rule!

New text sent from: Nessa 🧡

Actually the offside rule in Football/Soccer is a bit different than in Hockey, it's based of player position rather than lines.

New text from: Olii 🏒

Oh, well never mind guess I don't either, but I'm not the coach so it doesn't matter as much.

Dad's calling for me to help clean up, we have Sarah's book club friends coming in an hour for dinner 🙄.

Anyyyway, chat later bro. 😎

Nessa put down her phone. It's late, and she was exhausted she turned off the lamp on her side of the room. Leaving the only light coming from the tiny book light attached to Zoë's textbook.

***

Another chapter!

I actually wrote part this chapter while letting my hair dye sit. It turned out a bit underwhelming but oh well it still looks good, that's what I get for trying a different brand lol.

Siblings siblings, don't you just love em! We love sibling dynamics in character development yes yes we do! Any questions about the siblings feel free to ask! I always will answer, unless it's major spoiler territory.

This chap wasn't story heavy but there's some snippets in there I hope you picked up on or you do eventually.

Question of the chapter:
What are some predictions you guys might have for the upcoming story?

Have a nice day!