EPILOGUE

▲▲▲

Ten years later

It was a typical day in the Sullivan household. Jersey rose early to prepare breakfast for her children before leaving the house. She cooked scrambled eggs, fried bacon, and pancakes. When she turned the stove off, she realized Malcolm walked into the kitchen with their youngest children.

"Good morning." Jersey greeted them while inspecting their clothes. They were all dressed in uniform as they held their backpacks.

They murmured good morning while taking their seats at the table. The kids wasted no time digging into the food spread.

"Good morning." Malcolm rasped to Jersey while nearing her.

"Good morning to you, Mr. Sullivan."

He wrapped his arms around her torso and whispered, "How are you doing?"

"I'm fine." She responded with a faint grin on her face.

Malcolm pulled back to check his wife out. He remembered meeting Jersey years ago. Her unmatched beauty and fierce mindset attracted him. They'd been together for years, and he found himself even more enamored by her existence. Malcolm couldn't help but admire how her body had transformed from slim to thick. She'd birth four of their beautiful children; he was forever thankful.

Malcolm ran his hand across her protruding belly, asking, "How is my baby?"

"Your baby is fine. He wants food, though." She murmured while grabbing a piece of bacon. Jersey was five months pregnant and feeling every bit of it. She'd had a few pregnancies and knew how to handle herself.

After giving birth to Harlem and Brooklyn, she became pregnant with twin boys a year later. Now, she was pregnant with a baby boy.

Jersey and Malcolm paused from trying to have more children after realizing Jersey's involvement in law was getting serious. She graduated from community college and went to NYU. Jersey recently graduated from law school and was now working as a novice lawyer for a prestigious law firm. Raymond, Bernie's husband, referred her, and she excelled. Malcolm was okay with waiting. He respected his wife's decision and was happy for her. Jersey was doing great in her career.

"Sinclair...share with your brother. You don't need all of that syrup." Jersey lectured one of her twins as she watched them fuss over the bottle of maple syrup. They didn't listen to Jersey, so Malcolm decided to step in.

"Hey, you heard what your mom said." His voice was filled with authoritarian. The twins halted from their squabble to look at their dad. "Sin, pass the syrup to Preston."

Reluctantly, Sinclair pushed the bottle over as he wore a frown on his face. Jersey couldn't get over how her twin boys favored Malcolm. They had his chocolate skin, thick curly hair, and hazel eyes.

"What do you have planned today?" Jersey questioned her husband while checking out his fit physique. He was 39 and still maintaining his body and youthful appearance.

"I have a business meeting with Marcus at 10," Malcolm informed his wife. "And after that, I'll be free to get some lunch with you." He grabbed the orange juice from the fridge and added, "Harlem has a football game after school, so I'll attend that."

Jersey's mouth flew open as she thought about her baby boy. She'd forgotten all about Harlem's upcoming game.

"Baby...I forgot about his game. What time does it start?"

"It starts at 5. You should be off work by then."

"Yes, but the traffic is horrible. I'll still be able to go—I'll just be a little late." Jersey nodded while grabbing her cell phone. She went to her calendar, realizing she was free for the rest of the day. 

"I hope so. He really wants you to be there." Malcolm stated respectfully. He was responsible for taking his children to practice and attending their games and recitals. Harlem was into football, the twins were into basketball, and Brooklyn loved soccer and piano. They kept Malcolm on his toes, and he loved every bit of it. His wife and children brought a purpose to his life.

Malcolm had several businesses that he continued to run. However, he decided to permanently shut down all his bars after realizing he'd outgrown them. Over the years, he became good friends with Marcus and decided to become a partner in Marcus' pharmaceutical company. Malcolm invested some of his money into the company and generated substantial wealth.

The couple kept their word and decided to become landlords. Malcolm and Jersey owned a few properties over the Brooklyn borough. They had plans to expand to Manhattan after realizing they earned a significant profit.

Harlem made his way downstairs. Jersey's eyes diverted towards her oldest baby. He favored her so much. Over the years, he'd gained weight and became chubby. Harlem ate a lot, and his build was similar to Malcolm's father. However, they figured he would lose the baby fat with age.

Jersey watched his dark grey irises scan the kitchen as he put his backpack on the seat. Harlem attended a prestigious private school, so he wore his uniform.

Swiftly, Malcolm adjusted his son's collar on his shirt. Harlem allowed his father to do as he glanced at his mom with a smirk.

"Good morning, mom."

"Good morning."

"I have a game today. I hope you can attend." Harlem spoke with a formal tone. He pronounced his words correctly. He had a profound vocabulary because of the excellent school he attended and the books he liked to read.

"I'll be there, baby." Jersey wrapped her arms around her son and kissed him on his forehead. "Sit down and eat your breakfast. Soon, your dad will be ready to take you to school."

Jersey had a few moves to make. June was pregnant with her third child. Jersey found it funny because both women were five months pregnant. Their pregnancies made them closer. They hung out a lot and shared baby stories and experiences.

"I need to call Amber to see if she's coming over today. I need to pick up a few items for June's gender reveal."

Harlem's face lit up as soon as Jersey mentioned Amber. She was his godmother and favorite, besides his mom, dad, and Frida. Amber spent a lot of time with him, and he loved her sense of humor and generosity.

"Can you tell Amber to come to my game, mommy?" Harlem asked his mom while chewing on his piece of bacon.

"Chew with your mouth closed." Brooklyn lectured her brother as she sat there with her nose wrinkled. Malcolm caught it all but didn't say anything. Brooklyn was his princess, and she did no wrong in his eyes. She was a beautiful child with a fierce attitude. In Jersey's opinion, Brooklyn reminded her so much of June. She was bougie with a smart mouth. Brooklyn was young and she had the right to voice her opinion. However, she didn't try her parents.

"I'll see what she says."

The Sullivans household had several personalities under one roof. It was a hassle at times, but Jersey didn't mind putting up with it. She loved her family—they were all she had. Losing her mom, grandmother, and brother was a tragic experience, so she made sure to create a big family of her own and love them.

▲▲▲

We've reached the end of the series. I truly hope you all have enjoyed all three books. I am thankful for the support. Please stay tuned for updates on future books.