Chapter 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunlight bathing the room with the brightness of a spring morning, Hongjoong opens his eyes with a groan.

I left the fucking curtains open again...

His head pounding and throat dry, he sits up from his bed and looks around the room: a dark oak table covered with papers messily scattered and a large wall covered with multiple maps of the seven seas. Not even shocked by the multitude of different sizes empty bottles being left on tables, on the floor and under his bed, Hongjoong gets up on his feet a little too fast and groans as he holds his head, stumbling slightly over his own feet, the pounding of an headache blinding Hongjoong's mind as he stumbles to the small kitchen in the other room.

Opening the cabinets, trying to find anything to sooth the throbbing pain into his head, in his hands he ends up with a bottle of alcohol and a small bottle of pills, hesitating over which one he founds the best to get rid of this pain. He looks around the messy room, seeing the sun brightly illuminating the kitchen.

oh you're awake?

He turns around at the sound of the voice, heartbeat going crazy at the thought of what he could be faced with. Only to be faced with an empty room, his heart clenching into his chest. Are you dumb? Of course he's not here. He looks back at the two bottles into his hands, throwing the bottle of pills back into the cabinet and taking a swing from the addictive poison, not even frowning at the strong taste of the alcohol.

Walking back to his room, he changes into warmer clothes and gets out of his quarters. Being faced with the bright blue sky and the large horizon of the blue sea, he walks over the deck to the head of the ship, the soft breeze of the wind brushing his black unruly hair out of his face. The sun creating a beautiful reflection over the small waves.

I love you

A single tear runs down his cheek as the voice fills his head once again, taking another swing of the bitter drink before wiping the tear off of his face.

-"Captain?"

Jolting from his seat Hongjoong turns around to look at the tall man.

-"Fuck Mingi don't scare me like that."

-"Sorry it wasn't my intention..."

The tall grey haired man looks down at the bottle in Hongjoong's hand. The man taking another swing from the already half empty bottle.

-"Isn't it a little early to get drunk?"

-"It's never late enough for a drink."

Mingi looks down at his feet and looks back at Hongjoong with a worried look.

-"It's been 3 years already Joong. Don't you think you should get over him? I know you two were really close but that doesn't mean he'll ever come back... Besides, I've heard that he became a really famous captain among- Where are you going? Hongjoong?"

Angered, Hongjoong jumped off from his seat and walked back to his quarters, not even thinking about answering to Mingi's question. He walks into his quarters and slams the door close, sitting on the chair next to the table as his hand immediately grip onto his hair, tears flowing from his eyes and small sobs breaking the deafening silence of the room. The bottle of alcohol dropping to the floor and shattering as he pushes the documents in front of him off the table.

A sheet of paper picking at Hongjoong's attention, he grabs it and reads it for the nth time. Reading the well written words again and again like he hasn't memorized this letter 3 years ago when he found it on his bedside table.

After a certain amount of time, probably around an hour, Hongjoong calms down and grabs a cloth to wash the mess he made, grabbing the glass carefully and putting it in his trash can. After fixing his mess, he walks out of his quarters for the second time of the day and walks to the quarterdeck, getting behind the wheel and looking around peacefully.

The second member of his small crew, Yeosang, walks up the stairs to reach Hongjoong.

-"Hey captain, there's an island close from here. It would be a great idea to stop there to store more food and other stuff we might need.", the younger says. "I know someone on this island and maybe he could join us on this ship? I know you're not fond of people joining us ever since... nevermind, it would be really nice to have him here. Honestly, I could really use the company."

Hongjoong looks at Yeosang's wide smile. That person must be important to him...

-"Yeah sure, as long as he makes himself useful i don't mind."

Wide eyed, Yeosang looks at him surprised but with a sudden boost of happiness.

-"Oh my god, really? Are you serious?"

The shorter simply nods, looking away from Yeosang.

-"So in what direction is that island?"

Yeosang smiles widely and says:

-"Mars is up north."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone! So this is the first chapter, please tell me if there is any spelling mistakes anywhere and please feel free to comment!

Love you all!