Chapter 9: Bird of Paradise and her Celestial Choir

"(Y/n)? Is that you?" Lucifer's voice called out to her, voice filled with uncertainty and doubt. She nodded, weight from the seriousness of the interaction bared on her shoulders.

"Have we met before?" She stared into Lucifer's eyes, only seeing empty remains of sadness. The man reached out to her cheek. He traced the star mark surrounding her eye. He smiled widely, like he'd just cracked a case.

His eyes softened, "It's been so long... my angel." (Y/n) pulled her face from the man's hand. I have never met this man before, the heck?

"I—I don't know you, and what do you mean angel?" Her face contorted, thinking about where she could have possibly met him before. Now that I think about it, I don't really remember my life before my sister was dumped on our porch... Desperately trying to fixate on her past, Lucifer took his time bathing in her features.

"A bit after the creation of mankind, a new being was made for the sole purpose of her angelic voice. That was you. I took care of you, (Y/n), which might be why you grew up to be so rebellious, curtesy of me! Your voice and free spirit was definitely something!" (Y/n) listened, almost guilty she couldn't remember any of this. He sighed, "I was so guilty that you couldn't expand, hell they only cared about you for your voice!"

(Y/n) gently caressed her throat. She knew her singing was something, but she didn't think it possessed heavenly qualities.

"You should of seen yourself up there! One of the other reasons I was—ahem, cast down to Hell, was because of my incredible thinking of giving you a life on Earth." Lucifer grinned, "Glad to see you're somewhere where you can be more free-willed!"

The girl stared into the open, taking in this information. "You were banished out of Heaven because of me?" She gritted her teeth. Her demon appearance wasn't so different from her angel appearance, just her wings holding different meanings. Lucifer shook his head. "Oh ho, no! Well—one of the reasons, sure. But, i'd be lying when I say I regret it. Being with my wife, Charlie, and now seeing you, how far you've come, best thing that happened to me." His words took the girl's heart and squeezed it, no one had said something that kind to her. Almost on instinct, she ran into his open arms, squishing him in a bear hug. Words cant explain what shes feeling, having a father figure taking care of her, keeping in mind whats best for her.

"Thank you, Lucifer," She smiled, head still buried in his chest. He caressed her hair, her voice soft, but still heavenly.

"Ill get the meeting for heaven this time. I wont be able to go with you guys, and it'll be your decision if you want to be up there." Lucifer dissolved, leaving (Y/n) alone. Charlie came in, smiling.

"So, did he say yes?" (Y/n) nodded her head, grinning.

___________Change of POV___________

"Alright! Vaggie, (Y/n), the portal is opening in 3...2....1!" Charlie grabbed the collars of Vaggie and I, throwing us into the portal. "Have fun guys!"

Seeing heaven for the first time— well not first time, hit me with deja vu. I stared in awe, falling behind Vaggie and Charlie, who were eager to talk to Saint Peter. Wait, how did I know his name?

"Hi! What is your name?" Peter smiled, opening his book of names.

Charlie cleared her throat, "Im Charlie Morningstar, my dad got me this meeting and—"

"Charlie Mourn, Charlie Morning, Charlie Morningspar," The man read off names, "It doesn't seem like you're in my book. Whats your dads name?"

"....Lucifer.... Morningstar." Peter sucked in his lips, scratching his nape.

"Oh shit! Are you sure you're in the right place?" In the corner of your eyes, you see two heavenly being fly down. Seraphims.

"Its okay Peter, let them in. Im Sera, head Seraphim." The taller one, and much more mature one spoke.

"And I'm Emily! The other seraphim." She squealed. Peter flew down, opening the gates.

"Dear beloved, it is my pleasure to say unto thee, welcome to heaven!" I followed along the group, head lost in thought. That song... is mine.. Ew, I made that? I kept my head down the entire time, listening closely. While walking, I pass by a figure that makes me snap my head back towards them. Im guessing they felt it too because they, as well as another figure turned back.

"Holy shit." The man pulled off his mask. "(Y/n)?" I squinted my eyes, only then realizing who this was. Adam.

"A—Adam?" The man strutted up to me, dressed in a yellow dress-like outfit.

"What the fuck? Why are you with those things, and why do you look like one?" He grabbed my chin, opening my mouth and looked at my teeth

"What the fuck? Why are you with those things, and why do you look like one?" He grabbed my chin, opening my mouth and looked at my teeth. I backed up, furrowing my brows. I only remember his name, but thats all.

"Dont. Why have I seen you before?" Obviously i've seen him before, but why is there a tension i cant explain? The man scoffed, folding his arms.

"You dont remember (Y/n)?" His eyes softened, his hand finding its way to my cheek. For a second, everything felt all too familiar until Vaggie called out my name.

"(Y/n)! Where are you?!" Her voice was like an alarm going off in the morning of a school day. I retreated from the man, using my wings and flying towards the group. Adam stood there with his soldier, Lute.

"Why is (Y/n) with them? I should just go and—" Lute shushed him, gripping her mask.

"Sir, what was the Seraphims one rule?"

"No one should know about the exterminations. And dont shush me bitch."

"And maybe," Sera teleported them away, "You should listen to her, Adam." Startled, he rolled his eyes. "I saw (Y/n) too, try to persuade her to stay, alright?" She teleported away, leaving Lute and Adam.

"Why is this (Y/n) girl so special? Shes just another pathetic dem—"

"Shut the fuck up."

AN: Im thinking of starting an Alastor x reader oneshots and i have a rlly good idea for it >-< im actually like excited for this book and i do plan on actually finishing it soon!

Also if anyone wants to talk or questions i have a discord!

hellxven