My own theory about the james dean line in style.

So a little bit ago I was listening to this documentary that came on tv about James deans car being cursed or whatever. (Don't question it)

But anyways James dean died in a car wreck in his Porsche when he was 24 years old in the year 1955

Taylor was 24 in 2014 when she released 1989 or more specifically the songs style and  out of the woods on the 1989 album.

Ok so I'm the song style we all know she is talking about Harry styles, and she has also confirmed this, but in the song she says Harry has the James dean daydream look in his eyes.

She mentioned several times in the album that Harry styles is a reckless driver so keep that in your mind.

James dean was really popular some because of his acting but a lot because people thought he was hot (which he was)

Harry styles popularity has a lot to do with his music and probably equally as much with his hotness (once again a hot guy)

James dean was with Marilyn Monroe until they split up and he got with Elizabeth Taylor (emphasis on the Taylor) and Marilyn was jelly.

James dean and Harry both slept around too

Do you see where I'm going with this?

So Taylor swift was Marilyn Monroe in the situation and Harry styles was ofc James dean and their relationship was basically already over but they hadn't actually made it officially over yet. But anyways Taylor still loved Harry like Monroe to James but Harry made it kind of impossible with his multiple other conquests like James dean.

So basically when she said "20 stitches in a hostpital room you started crying baby I did too" I think she was kind of metaphor it to the end of their relationship, they both still liked eachother, but they were not totally happy or healthy like the wound.

So when she said he had that James dean daydream look in his eye and she had the red lip classic thing that he liked, she was Marilyn Monroe with the classic red lips and he was ofc James dean.

The James dean daydream look could also mean like the troublesome kind of mischievous or dare devilish

When Harry had his accident it was because he was doing something risky or daredevilry and she said he had that look in his eye, when James dean died he was doing something risky too.

I think in this situation she was saying a part of her was dying like James dean did, when their relationship was failing.

Ok I'm done for the day cause my brain hurts now so bye guysss see you next time