9: Who'll Kill You?

Izaya got up from his bed and started to dress out. He did his everyday routine, brush teeth and eating some eggs and toast. He never liked coffee but instead took a huge chug of cold ice water to wake himself up. He stepped out of the dorm and walked down to the elevator. The dorms reminded him of a nice hotel, kinda bland but yet clean. Some students wait in front of the elevator. Chatting or falling asleep, Izaya's dorm was on the fourth floor of the dorms. Making it a hassle when going places for a short time. Having to walk and wait for the elevator, which felt like forever. But Izaya didn't seem to mind that, he liked to wait. It gave him time to think about everything, and what to say and do so that he won't mess anything up.

"Izaya?" Asked Naomi. She was behind him tilting her head. Her hair was all fuzzy as if she had rushed out of the dorms. "You didn't comb?" Izaya asked frowning. "Ahh-! I was in a rush ok! I was going to wake up like an hour earlier but I totally forgot to!" She yelled. Izaya was too tired to match her energy in the morning and he just simply sighed. The elevator dinged and the group of students in front of them all stuffed in. The elevator looked a bit cramped so Izaya decided to wait for the next one. He wanted to avoid crowded rooms as best as possible. "Made any new friends yet?" Izaya asked.
"Oh-! Yeah! There's this one girl who looks like an angel! And everything! She's kinda crazy though"
When Izaya heard Angel his stomach sank to the bottom. His face became quite pale just thinking about her. "Uhh- does she have any wings perhaps?" He asked nervously.
"Wings? Ahh! I think she does? Or doesn't? I don't know it's hard to tell" she responded.

Izaya scratched his head, "hard to tell? Weird?" He thought to himself. "What do you mean?" He asked, trying to dig deeper.
"It's like! I can almost tell that she does! Like I can see it for a split second then walla it's gone!" She waved her hands to the side almost hitting Izaya. "Huh? Strange" Izaya simply responded.
"Strange! You were the one to bring up if she had wings weirdo!" Naomi was becoming impatient with the elevator and ran up to the button and pressed it multiple times. "Hey- relax!" Izaya yelled as he tried to reach for her.

The elevator quickly sprang up and opened the doors. *Ding!* Naomi turned to Izaya and simply smiled. Izaya sighed and they both entered the empty elevator. The doors quickly close and Naomi presses the first floor button.
"So why did you come to this school?" Naomi asked.
Izaya looked up at the ceiling of the elevator. "Hmm I guess my mom told me it was a good opportunity?" He shrugged.
"What about you?" He asked back.
"Well there's this one friend that's also in this school that I was great friends with in middle school but she moved in seventh grade" Naomi sighed.
"So for a friend?"
"Yeah- I guess you could say that-" she laughed half heartedly.
"There also in art?"
"Yeah! But their name goes by Ten, it's a nickname."
Izaya thought back on that nickname, feeling as if he heard that name somewhere. "Any other reason?" He asked again.
Naomi looked back at him in confusion. And raised her eyebrows, or tried to, her face looked as if it was trying its hardest to hide the truth. "That's- that's my reason" she hesitated, "Just for a friend" she muttered.

The elevator doors open and they both step out into the lavish main lobby. The high bright shiny diamond chandeliers. The Italian maple desks and tables, the fine marble floor and walls. It was a bit too flashy for his liking but it looked nice enough. "Well-! I got to go now! I have to go back through the library, I have a meeting on the south side for the art club sign ups!" She waved bye and then quickly left. And left Izaya there confused about her answers in the elevator. "Just for a friend huh?" He sighed and quickly left for school.

------------------------------------------------------

Jaz rummaged around the papers, desperately looking for something. As she looked through boxes and boxes. "Where is it!" She yelled In frustration, "if I don't find it she'll kill me!"

"Hey! Who'll kill you?" Asked a menacing voice behind her. She jumped and quickly turned around to see a woman with long black hair and green eyes stare deeply into her soul. "Ah Ms. Hua!" Jaz immediately gave Ms Hua her full attention. Jaz started to sweat nervously as the teacher looked around the office. "What a messy president we have here!" Ms Hua carried around a long thick ruler, rumor has it that she uses it to smack kids who don't listen. Jaz clenched her fist, and didn't know where to look. "Messy and short!" Ms. Hua yelled, "I presume you don't have the papers?" She examined Jaz's small body. "Hm! I could just pick you up and throw you out of here if I wanted! You're lucky I can't!" Ms. Hua said in a harsh tone. "Give it to me tomorrow and I'll stop harassing you!" She swiftly left and slammed the door shut.

Jaz fell to the floor relieved that she was gone. "I hate this job!" She muttered, she felt weak and sick. Being pressured into becoming the president for the freshman by her friends she had no choice. "No wonder why there was nobody wanting this position!" She kicked the wooden floors inside anger. She'll just simply ask the second year president for another copy when she gets the chance. She walked out of the office to a room with a huge wooden table in the middle. Extending to the end and front of the room. With red carpet and banners on the wall lined in golden yellow. Where other offices of the other presidents were connected. But so far it only looked like the third year president was in his office.

She sneaked out and walked through the majestic garden. With bush sculptures of tigers and falcons, to show the might of the presidents. Jaz would have preferred bright pretty flowers rather than some scary animals. If she had to replace the animals she would have made them cute kitties instead. She made it through the iron gate and quickly made it to the main hub. Where multiple and lively students talked and walked to school for today. She was nervous, even though spending some time at the school already it still felt so new to her. She made her way to the front entrance of the school gate. Where the sakura trees were in full bloom. She enjoyed the pretty pink colors, but every time she saw them it would always give her a glimpse of her crappy past. The trees colors were the same as that pice of big poo poo back in middle school. But this was Jaz's fresh new start! No need for builles to hold her back. She stands proudly in front of the school. With a huge new smile.