Prologue

The Doctor was in his 14th regeneration, and he, finally, was ginger. With Joann taken by the Daleks as their queen, he really needed a new companion.

{Switch to Doctor's POV}

Ah, blast. Joann was a good companion. I'll miss her so much. Just that much more guilt, I see. She's not dead, thankfully.

Oh my god, the Satnuvba's planet has reopened from their disco festival! Don't mind if I do, and anyways, Satnuvbians are very friendly, unless you pour grape juice on them, which THEN you're in trouble.

I start up the TARDIS, feeling the smooth console under my hands. The TARDIS has become a piece of me, and it's something I can't stop. She will always be a piece of me, a living memory of every regeneration, every last bit of me scattered through time. I'm not sure I like that, as I have some bad memories with my past regenerations. I straighten up my tie and start the TARDIS up to go to Satnuvba.

The TARDIS shakes as usual while in flight, and I put on the stablizers as River once taught me, (Blimey that woman!), and walk into the TARDIS library. There's something I need.

I move into the room filled with books. The room filled with stories. More stories than a time traveler, or a time lord at that. But then again, the stories become your own once you read them. And I've read quite a bit. Yet I can't find the book I'm looking for.

AHA! I see it. Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone. My goodness, I read this back in my, say, 9th regeneration, and I still love it. Ah, J.K.! I'll never stop loving the works of J.K. Rowling.

I feel a sharp hit as the TARDIS lands. I check where we are, and it's definitely not an alien planet. I'm in 1998 Scotland. And I'm at Hogwarts.