Once Apon A Time (Ch. 1)

Yang Jeongin.. had a best friend; Kim Seungmin. They were inseparable, as if they were chopsticks. Usually, they'd hangout every day before and after school when they got the chances. Well, recently.. that's changed.

Ever since Seungmin had started liking someone, now his girlfriend, Jeongin and Seungmin had been sorta 'social distancing'. They're still friends; but all those years of friendship had just.. disappeared.

Jeongin had developed a crush on Seungmin a few years after they had first become friends, so basically; he's had a secret crush since childhood. Right now, they're both in High School, so really; Jeongin's crush has been hidden for his whole life.

Seungmin didn't even know about Jeongin's crush on him until an 'incident', a very awkward but true event..

~
(In Kindergarten)
~

It was recess time, all the kids were running around and playing happily like they'd always do. Jeongin was playing with Seungmin, Seungmin was chasing him around for taking his toy.

Jeongin had stopped running to catch his breath, Seungmin was right behind him as he turned around. Seungmin had tried to reach out for his toy, he was taller at the time so he was towering over Jeongin. Well, being the stubborn child he is, Jeongin leaned back and also reached out his hand; making it difficult for Seungmin to grab his toy back.

Well, Seungmin just wanted his toy back; he leaned over Jeongin again. Though.. it wasn't the ideal way of getting it back. Their bodies were pressed together, so in the process.. their faces were hovering over the other.

As Seungmin tried to get his toy back, leaning over Jeongin, their faces were right in front of each other. And so, Seungmin still leaned forward even more; eventually their lips pressed together by accident..

Jeongin was just.. stunned at the time, he froze and the toy dropped. His face had turned completely red, his cheeks were burning hot. Seungmin was also just taken aback by the entire thing, so after a few seconds of stalling; he pulled back and just stared back at Jeongin. They stared at each other for a while, unable to say anything really.

They had stood there until the bell rang for class to start again, still unable to move or say anything else other than; "Bye.."

That was the last word said that day, they didn't talk to each other at lunch or the next class either. It was just.. too awkward for them both. Though they did start talking again the next day, and the next, and the next.. and so on. That's kinda how they became best friends in the first place; an awkward moment happened and they both just started talking. It was weird to become friends like that, but it happened somehow.

~

X; I've had this as a draft for at least 3 months and just didn't know if I should've published yet.

X; Anyways, I'm gonna be publishing short chapters for this story, I barely even have time anymore. But I'll still try :]

X; Hope you have a good day / night !!

Words; 514