Chapter 7: Ladybug Insite

Marinette was sitting at her desk on ideas for a new outfit with Tikki to the side. They were discussing the patrol meeting about Peter, about his unusual abilities, and his mission at hand.

"Hawkmoth is trying to back us into a corner now. The Akuma attacks have not been directed at us, but at the people. He is just trying to wear them down to force us to give up and to get our miraculous." Marinette said counter a point Tikki was making.

"That's True Marinette but that situation won't change much with Peter wandering around looking for Hawkmoth. We don't know how long it will take for a mob to come after us or create chaos in the city." Tikki argued.

"But it's still the best we got. If we ask anyone else to be heroes, we might have another Miracle Queen problem or worse." Marinette said.

"But Peter could be a holder rather than a powerless spy Marinette!"

"But it's also what keeps him out of Hawkmoth's view. Imagine if he was the holder and we had another Miracle Queen. He would have eyes watching him from then on. His every move would be known. That's why it's better that doesn't get it unless it's absolutely necessary." Marinette said.

Thump! Their conversation was abruptly interrupted by a loud noise from the roof. Marinette quickly rushed to the skylight trap door above her bed to the balcony above to see.

"Multi-Mouse?"

Multi-Mouse was on the floor of the Balcony crying. She seemed to be paralyzed with grief. Marinette saw Multi-Mouse's eyes looking at her. Her eyes were a bit puffy and red. She had never seen Emmaline like this before.

"Are you ok?" Marinette asked.

Multi-Mouse didn't say anything but curled up in a ball and continued to cry. Marinette approached her.

"Hey Multi-Mouse, what's wrong?" Marinette asked, trying to pick her up.

She was finally able to pick her up and sit her down on a nearby chair.

"Thank You", Multi-Mouse quickly said with the tears starting to slow down.

"You're Welcome" Marinette answered.

"Could you tell me what's wrong?" Marinette asked again.

"It's a guy," Multi-Mouse said.

"Who is this guy?" Marinette asked.

She didn't know that Emmaline liked anyone. She had never told her about anyone except maybe a one of comment about.

"Cat Noir"

"Oh..."

She really did like Cat Noir, and it wasn't just a celebrity crush. Why is this becoming such a problem with the miraculous holders.

"I don't really know what to say. Did he tell you directly?" Marinette asked.

"No, I asked who if there was someone beside Ladybug he would date" Multi-Mouse said.

"And what did he say?"

"You"

Marinette wasn't expecting Cat Noir to choose her, but it did make some sense they have taken down a couple of akumatized villains before and they do at least hang out two or three time a week.

"Well knowing Cat Noir, he would most likely continue for Ladybug."

Multi-Mouse's shoulders sank a bit.

"But maybe you'll meet someone in your life that you might like," Marinette said.

"I guess," Multi-Mouse softly said while standing.

She walked to the railing of the balcony about ready to head out.

"You feel a bit better now?" Marinette asked.

"Just enough to get home," Multi-Mouse said before leaping off into the night.

Marinette watched take off. She knew the feeling that it's hard sometimes to get over someone. She couldn't even get over Adrien after going to Luka. It was a relationship that didn't last long. They were still friends, but they found that they were not the ones for each other.

"I hope she finds someone one day," Marinette said before returning inside.

Emmaline collapsed into her bed crying. Her tears started to soak her pillows and blankets. She grabbed a stuffed animal and hugged the soft creature tightly. Tomorrow was going to be an awkward day when they all met up again.

Peter was still at his desk. He had just finished writing in his journal. He was surprised to find that he might like his new friend Multi-Mouse. It was the chair situation that got him to where he was now. He knew he had to be careful; he did have a problem with limerence ways of thinking about people that he thought he had a crush. He just had to rationalize and deconstruct what he was feeling. Plus, how much time they had spent together and how much they knew about each other. When it was all added up it gave Peter his final answer. Feeling subtract time plus personal information equals understanding. In this case.

"Love - 20 minutes + No personal details = Limerence." He wrote in his journal alongside a hundred equations that were exactly the same.

He had done this a lot after almost every interaction he had with a crush. This time he felt differently like it might actually work. But it shouldn't because she was a superhero with a secret identity, and he was just a guy with a special ability that he did seem to think was a very superhero power.

He went to bed with hope in his heart. His future in Paris was now starting to look much better now.