Chapter 5

A man I had never seen before was in a real bloody battle with the group of vampires who were supposed to have eaten me up.

My jaw dropped, confusion settling inside my stomach as I watched with furrowed brows, the scene happening right in front of me.

Different parts of the vampire's body were flying in the sky as the Lycan fought as if he were rescuing their queen.

Is this an illusion? I asked myself, closing my eyes again thinking the whole scene will soon fade into the air.

"How are you, young girl? Do you feel so much pain? Your head has a bump and is bleeding." A voice spoke to me in a caring tone, and I opened my eyes again and met his eyes resting down on my wounded stomach.

"I...feel better. The bleeding has stopped and the pain has reduced a bit." I replied with a little smile too, looking down at my stomach, surprised to actually see I was healing fast.

"Okay, let me help you up. My name is Jace, and you?" He beamed, displaying his nice set of white teeth, as he outstretched his hand and lifted me up to the ground.

My eyes drifted to the dead bodies of the vampires, and it was then that everything really became clear to me.

I had been saved from death.

With a loud squeal of joy, I hugged him tight, my heart thumping with overwhelming relief and happiness.

"Thank you so much.. Thank you!!" I repeated, feeling the wave of excitement rush through me as I shut my eyes, tears of joy dropping my cheeks.

"They almost took my life. You saved me." I breathed, as he patted my back.

"Yeah, you were lucky we came earlier. Those heartless monsters would have..."

"Jace, are we going to sleep here? It's getting dark, and we should be going back home now, not hugging strangers!" A deep voice cut in and he broke the hug.

My eyes traced the voice to the corner in direction and there I saw the Lycan who really had the scent that had warmed my heart. Although, he looked unconcerned, everything about him caught my whole attention.

He was more like a Greek god than human-intensely handsome, charming, and well built like a sculpture. His enormous frame stood tall at his 6' 5 height as he folded his strong arms over his chest.

His tousled brown silk hair was longer on the top but shaved short on the sides. Tattoos made their way up his neck and down his forearms.

He wasn't wearing a suit like the one that fought for me. instead, he wore a black button-down shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and a pair of black slacks.

I found myself staring at his face. A sharp yet chiseled jawline and full eyebrows. His pink sexy lips, and a set of deep hazel eyes sexy enough to mesmerized me. He was a perfect work of art, so attractive that I couldn't stop looking at him but he didn't spare me a glance.

He doesn't seem pleased at all and appeared so pissed off with his face cold and expressionless yet so damn hot with masculinity and aura at its finest.

As he finally looked in my direction with his piercing hazel eyes, I was almost hypnotized. I felt my mouth dropped open and my heart skipping a beat.

I was struggling to breathe at that moment.

He didn't look at me up to 5 seconds before looking away and shifting his gaze back to Jace.

"Do you really have to do this for her? A werewolf?" He seethed at Jace with a deep frown which grew deeper with each word.