Chapter 1: Graduation

The soft ticking of a clock echoed down the almost empty hallway, the only person in sight being a very nervous looking boy.

Felix sighed, going over his speech in his head for the thousandth time, making sure that it was perfect.

After years of torture and hard work, he was finally graduating! But there was one last obstical he had to get over yet: the valedictorian speech.

Unfortunately, Felix's school was one of the many schools that had selected several students as their valedictorian, or in other words, best student.

The principal believed that it wasn't fair that only one student should be recognized for their hard work, so instead, she decided that they would be doing a group full of valedictorians, of course not ranked in anyway, so that the students wouldn't know who was actually the very best. 

If she had just kept the valedictorian in its traditional ways, then Felix wouldn't be sitting here now, worried about how his speech was going to go.

Of course, he did volunteer to do the speech. He had to find some way to prove to the others that he was still the best.

Felix sighed once again, mumbling to himself, "God, why did I volunteer to do this?"

Suddenly, the soft clicking of someone walking down the hallway grabbed Felix's attention.

"Oh yeah, that's why." Felix grumbled to himself, feeling his eyebrows start to furrow together as he glanced over at the noise.

Down the hall, walked a very over-confident looking boy. His dark brown hair combed back nicely, a small smirk on his face as he made his way over to Felix.

"Felix! Still practicing your little speech, I see!" The taller boy began to speak, throwing himself down on the bench beside Felix, looking over at the boy with that same cocky look on his face that Felix was oh so used to by now.

"Go away, Chan." Felix calmly spoke, turning his attention back to his small note card, running over his speech again.

Chan's smirk simply grew, knowing that he was bothering Felix. "You know, if you aren't cut out for the speech, I'm sure someone else could fill in for you. We all know what a hard time you have with public speaking. Remember that time you got a B- on your speech for history? That's kind of embarrassing, huh?"

Without even looking up from his note card, Felix calmly threw back at the boy, "Remember that time you got a C on Mrs. Kim's test? Kind of embarrassing, huh?"

Chan smirk fell, and the taller boy immediately stood back up, hovering over Felix as he yelled, "I was gone for 4 days the week before! I missed like 5 lessons! If anything, I did fucking amazing for a test I knew nothing about!"

"Don't raise your voice at me Chris." Felix spoke, still not bothering to look up from his paper. Felix knew Chan hated being called by his English name. He didn't care.

Chan scoffed softly, "Whatever Yongbok." Chan knew Felix didn't like being called by his Korean name. He also didn't care.

Another soft clicking noise was heard from down the hall, followed by a loud voice. "Hey! Bangchan! Go find someone else to annoy!"

Recognizing the annoying voice, Chan didn't bother looking towards the person, still glaring down at Felix.

Chan watched as Felix's eyes suddenly lit up, his head turning to look at the other man.

Felix got up off the bench, running over and tackling his friend in a bear hug. "Changbin! You're here!"

The older boy nodded his head, sending a glare back towards Chan, who was now rolling his eyes at the sight.