The tryouts

-------------------------------------------------------------
Y/n is an orphan attending a school in another country. You made friends with a few of the girls on the cheerleading team: Lark, Brittany, Jess, and Laura.
Y/n only friend at the orphanage is a girl named Harper.
-------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey guys!" Y/n says. "What's up?"

"Oh hey y/n! We were just talking about how one of the girls on the cheerleading team sprained her ankle," Lark responds.

"Oh shit! Is she okay?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, she's fine. But that means we are one girl short for the game on Friday."

"I'M JUST GONNA SAY IT... WE WANT YOU TO DO THE TRYOUTS AT LUNCH. " Laura blurts out.

"Lauraaa," everyone says.

"Sorry," she says in a small voice.

"Oh my god... really?" Y/n says excitedly

"Like, yeah, you would be amazing. You should totally try out," Brittany responds.

Jess has been silent the entire time... It's like she's trying to hide something...

*Time skip to lunch*

"Alright ladies! That was a great tryout! Some better than others, I must say... but nevertheless, great!" Exclaims Miss Crolwell. "Now it is time to see who will fill poor Becky's position in the squad! Viola: abysmal. Do better next time.
Harper: Great! Focus on your back handspring.
Layla: Good. Your form could've been much better.
Polly: Try to improve your... everything.
Sal: Okay... but like Layla, your form could've been so much better.
And finally...
Y/n: fabulous form, great handspring, flexibility is great... I say you were the best of everyone here! You're on the team!"

"OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, YAYYY!!!" Y/n squeals. The girls run into the room, screeching with delight.
"OH MY GOD, YOU DID IT! YOU LIKE, TOTALLY SLAYED THAT," Brittany says.
"Obvioulsy she's fabulousss," Lark screams
"I ALWAYS KNEW YOU WOULD DO IT! YAY!" says Laura.
Once again, Jess is silent.
* What is wrong with her?* y/n thinks