X

CHEONG-SAN's POV

"Eomma, Appa," Y/N muttered, starting to climb over the truck to get to his parents.

"Y/N, no!" On-jo tugged him down, making him stumble and catch himself on the truck for balance as he glanced around at all of us.

"Tell me that wasn't them...please, anyone, tell me it wasn't them..."

"Y/N..." I tried, reaching out for his shoulder, but then stopped when Dae-su yelled from the other side of the truck, "What the hell? There're two zombies here!"

Y/N immediately got up and looked over the truck, the rest of us looking over only to see Dae-su bringing the pole down on Y/N's parents over

and over

and over

and over

"Stop it, asshole, those're my parents!" Y/N called over the truck. "I said to fucking stop that!"

Before any of us could stop him, he climbed over the truck and jumped down on the other side.

"This can't end well," Su-hyeok whispered, shaking his head.

He, On-jo, Nam-ra, Gyeong-su, and I all shared looks before we ran along the side of the truck.

"Stop hurting them, you fucking bastards!" Y/N yelled, shoving Dae-su away from his zombified parents and pushing Joon-yeong away.

"Hey, what the he —" Dae-su tried to say as he stood up, but Y/N turned around and punched him in the face, shoving him to the ground again.

"Y/N, stop it!" I tried to convince him to stop.

He turned around. "Cheong-san, do you not see what they're fucking doing to them?"

"But they're —"

"I don't care if they're zombies, Gyeong-su! They're still my fucking parents!"

"Y/N, what the hell?" Joon-yeong called as Y/N continued to punch Dae-su's face over and over

and over

and over

and over

and over

"You motherfucker! Those're my parents, you bitch!"

Wu-jin managed to pull Y/N off of Dae-su, who had been covering his face with his arms to protect himself.

"Let go!" Y/N yelled, reaching for Dae-su again. "I'll kill him! Stop it!" he continued as he tried to wrestle his way out of Wu-jin's grip.

"Cheong-san!" Wu-jin called. "Help me with him, would you?"

I nodded and rushed over to help.

"Let go! Eomma! Appa!"

And then he broke down into sobs, still trying to get out.

"Eomma...Appa..."

Y/N doubled down to the ground and just covered his face in his knees, shaking and sobbing as his wet (H/C) bangs fell in front of his face.

"Y/N..." On-jo knelt down beside of him and wrapped her arms around his shoulders, side-hugging him.

"Why did it have to be them?" he sobbed. "Why them?"

It hurt so fucking much to see him like this.

Nam-ra looked around, then grabbed Y/N's arm, pulling him up. "Let's go."