2. bradley bradshaw

breathtaking viewsbradley bradshaw x fem!reader (fluff)synopsis: a surfer catches bradley's eyeword count: 709warnings: none

breathtaking views
bradley bradshaw x fem!reader (fluff)
synopsis: a surfer catches bradley's eye
word count: 709
warnings: none

    large waves roll onto the sands of windansea beach. small crabs bury themselves between the grains as sand dollars find their way onto the beach. a few surfers take advantage of the early morning waves, hoping to ignore the tourists starting to enter the beach. among the crowd emerges a few navy officers who bring along a mean game of football.

bradley is the first look out at the surfers, holding the football between his hands, "you guys ever gone surfing?"

  "well, i've taken a lesson or two, mostly because of the instructor..." payback walks up to him, bumping bradley's shoulder with his, a cocky smile stuck on his face.

  he shakes his head, eyes narrowing as he spots a certain surfer. you stand confidently on your board, knees bent to keep you stabilized on the board. your wetsuit ends right before your knees and the top portion garners short sleeves. beads of water flies through the air as you twist your board not more than twenty-five percent. you gaining some momentum as you push through the wave

bradley holds back a smile as he watches you jump off of your board, letting the water engulf you. "rooster, you thinking of trying or are we going to get this game going?"

he raises his eyebrows, looking back at payback, nodding. "yeah, i was just giving you time to back out because you guys don't stand a chance," bradley tosses the football back to payback and walks over to bob and phoenix, eyes taking a small peek in your direction.

once again, you're paddling up towards a large wave, body nearly propping up to fight it. he spends the whole game distracted and unable to pull his eyes from where you're surfing. phoenix pulls bob and bradley into a huddle, her eyes forced on bradley.

"i get it, we're on a beach, pretty women. but do you think you could get us one win rooster? considering a few hundred push ups are on the line," phoenix tilts her head. nostrils flaring with her annoyance.

bradley sighs, nodding. there's something so intriguing about you, the way you work with the water to achieve run after run. he looks between bob and phoenix and then over at their very capable opponents, "actually, phoenix, you think you could stay on fanboy's side? he's usually eager to get that front runner spot, we could take advantage..."

luckily for bradley and his wandering eyes, fanboy takes the bait. both him and hangman attempt to rush rooster at the beginning of the play, giving him an opportunity to throw it straight to phoenix. the ball flies through the air until phoenix catches it, leaving her little room between her and the end zone (drawn out with a stick). however, as she's mere steps away, she can see playboy rushing towards her.

in a moment of adrenaline and excitement, she throws it to bob. he reaches for the ball and nearby drops it before rushing to the end zone and happily throwing the ball to the ground.

"touchdown!" rooster shouts out, pushing past his opponents to grab bob, hoisting him into the air.

the three of them hand off high fives, congratulating bob on his first beach touchdown. just as he bradley finally gets his heart to slow down a little, he spots you exiting the water with your board under your right arm. you bring your other hand over and holds the top of the board, water dripping from your arms and board.

when you look up from the sand below you, you meet bradley's gaze. he has a small smile lining his lips, almost hidden by his mustache. you send one back in his direction, unable to keep your eyes away from his. bradley turns back to his teammates, mind still straying back to you. he wants to walk over to you, strike up a conversation, but when he looks back, you're nearly gone.

  down by a shop, your board is resting against a wooden stand. you standing in a line with a drawstring bag on your back. for a second, he wonders if he should still take a chance, ask for your number. however, hangman is already nagging him to continue the game.