Part One: Camp Half-Blood

In the depths of the woods in Long Island, Sasha could be seen running through the woods and was walking towards a sign saying "Camp Half-Blood." Once she stepped through, Sasha came to a complete stop and took in the sight. The breeze smelled like strawberries.
The camera soon showed at what Sasha was seeing. The valley marched all the way up to the water, which glittered about a mile in the distance. Between here and there, Sasha simply couldn't process everything she was seeing. The landscape was dotted with buildings that looked like ancient Greek architecture an open-air pavilion, an amphitheater, a circular arena except that they all looked brand new, their white marble columns sparkling in the sun.
"Camp Half-Blood!" exclaimed the Greek campers.
"Your camp sounds beautiful." Gwen breathed, not only sounded the other camp pretty, but somehow gave the description also a more relaxed feeling to it than the camp had.
In a nearby sandpit, a dozen high school-age kids and satyrs played volleyball.
The Romans looked stunned at this piece of information, not only were the fauns in he Greek camp doing productive work with searching for demigods, bringing them to camp and keep a look out for monsters, but they also took part in social activity. This strengthened Reyna's resolve to do something about the fauns at home and Dakota was also making plans to help her out as best as he could.
Canoes glided across a small lake. Kids in bright orange T-shirts chasing each other around a cluster of cabins nestled in the woods. Some shot targets at an archery range.
Apollo and his kids grinned with Bellerophon and Sasha also joining in; the only two of Poseidon's children who were not walking dangers if armed with a bow and arrows, Frank also liked the sound of that place.
Others rode horses down a wooded trail, and some pegasi flew overhead with some human riders.
Sasha smiled, she loves riding classes.
Her gaze rose to the far end of the valley. There, on the tallest hill, the Athena Parthenos shone in all its gold and alabaster glory. It presided over Camp Half-Blood, protecting the valley from intruders. The gray eyes were on the lookout for threats, being her usual vigilant self.
The Heroes of the Seven each remembered what happened last year. Reyna and Nico both exchanged knowing looks, they both used their strength and power to return the wrongly stolen statue to the Greeks.
Sasha let out a weary sigh, but her eyes shone with relief and hope with a mix of sadness. She lifted her left arm, revealing darkened tattoo on the underside of her wrist. It was darkly etched, impossible to miss: thirteen straight lines like a bar code, and over that a trident with the letters SPQR.
The Romans remembered that Sasha was one of the bravest praetors in Camp Jupiter. She has been honored by her selfless sacrifice by putting her picture in the other pictures of late praetors.
Sasha looked up and away from her tattoo back to the beautiful camp. Sasha gotten an amazing view of the valley — a big stretch of woods to the northwest, a beautiful beach, a creek, a canoe lake, lush green and strawberry fields, and the whole layout of the cabins — a bizarre assortment of buildings arranged like a Greek omega, Ω, with a loop of cabins around a central green, and two wings sticking out the bottom on either side.
Sasha counted twenty cabins in all as she quietly approached the camp. She saw a radiant golden cabin.
Apollo grinned.
A faint silver cabin.
Artemis smiled.
"That's where I'm staying now," said Thalia with a smile.
One had grass on the roof with plants and vegetables.
Demeter beamed at the sight.
"Mine." Katie smiled before hitting both Travis and Connor on the back of their heads.
"Hey, what was that for?" The twin brothers asked while rubbing the heads.
"For placing chocolate bunnies and eggs on our roof last Easter." She growled at which everyone from the others snickered while those from the past asked themselves what "Easter" was.
Another was bright red with barbed wire trenches.
Ares whooped.
"And that was after the land mines were placed in," said Clarisse with a proud smirk.
One cabin was black with fiery green torches out front.
Hades smirked.
"And that one's mine." Nico glared at a certain pair of pranksters for the mess that they had left behind.
The demigods snickered as Katie whacked Travis and Conner over their heads again for their prank in the Hades cabin.
Sasha's eyes softened when she spotted something unique and familiar in the next cabin she saw. The cabin wasn't high and mighty like Cabin One, but long, low, and solid. The outer walls were of rough gray stone studded with pieces of seashell and coral, as if the slabs had been hewn straight from the bottom of the ocean floor.
"Knowing my husband, it probably was," supplied Amphitrite.
She soon walked away from the cabin and making sure she avoided everyone from bumping into her to not even talking to them as she headed to the Big House.
"I didn't want to cause a commotion by accident," said Sasha.
It didn't look threatening, just a four-story manor painted baby blue with white trim. The wraparound porch had lounge chairs, a card table, and an empty wheelchair. Wind chimes shaped like nymphs turned into trees as they spun. The windows seemed to glare down at her like cautious eyes. The wide-open doorway looked ready to swallow him. On the highest gable, a bronze eagle weathervane spun in the wind and pointed straight in her direction, as if telling her to turn around.
Then she heard footsteps on the front porch. No — not footsteps — hooves.
Sasha backed up so fast she almost tripped. Rounding the corner of the porch was a man on horseback. Except he wasn't on horseback — he was part of the horse. From the waist up he was human, with curly brown hair and a well-trimmed beard. He wore some leather brown armor, and had a quiver and bow strapped to his back. His head was so high up he had to duck to avoid the porch lights, because from the waist down, he was a white stallion.
"Chiron," whispered the Heroes of Old at the sight of him.
Many of them had him as their mentor and father-figure. But when he had died, their hearts had broken before Chiron was reborn with immortality and continued his teachings.
Chiron started to smile at Sasha. Then the color drained from his face. "You..." The centaur's eyes flared like a cornered animal's. "You should be dead."
"Is that how you always greet people Chiron?" Sasha's voice held a teasing tone and her eyes gleamed with amusement.
Chiron chuckled softly, a little embarrassed by Lupa's amusement and Sasha's teasing.
The centaur trotted over to the empty wheelchair on the porch. He slipped off his quiver and bow and backed up to the chair, which opened like a magician's box. Chiron gingerly stepped into it with his back legs and began scrunching himself into a space that should've been much too small. The centaur's lower half disappeared and the chair folded up, popping out a set of fake human legs covered in a blanket, so Chiron appeared to be a regular mortal guy in a wheelchair.
"Follow me," he ordered. "We have lemonade."
The living room looked like it had been swallowed by a rain forest. Grapevines curved up the walls and across the ceiling, which Sasha found a little strange. There were leafy green and bursting with bunches of red grapes.
Leather couches faced a stone fireplace with a crackling fire. Wedged in one corner, an old-style Pac-Man arcade game beeped and blinked. Mounted on the walls was an assortment of masks — smiley/frowny Greek theater types, feathered Mardi Gras masks, Venetian Carnevale masks with big beaklike noses, carved wooden masks from Africa. Grapevines grew through their mouths so they seemed to have leafy tongues. Some had red grapes bulging through their eyeholes.
"That's... creative," noted Sasha warily.
Muffled snickers and laughter could by some of the gods and demigods. Though, Dionysus looked a little annoyed at their amusement.
But the weirdest thing was the stuffed leopard's head above the fireplace. It looked so real, its eyes seemed to follow Sasha. Then it snarled, and Sasha nearly leaped out of her skin.
"Now, Seymour," Chiron chided. "Sasha is a friend. Behave yourself."
"Another parting gift from your friend?" Sasha asked him. "I heard he likes leopards."
Everyone glanced at Sasha curiously, who simply shrugged. "I did my research. But my Mom was Greek and encouraged me to use the Greek names."
Chiron nodded and rummaged through the side pocket of his wheelchair and brought out a package of Snausages. He threw one to the leopard, who snapped it up and licked his lips. "Please, sit."
Sasha took some lemonade. Chiron sat back in his wheelchair and tried for a smile, but Sasha could tell it was forced.
"So, Sasha," he said. "Would you mind telling me—ah—what happened?"
Sasha nodded. "Sure thing." Sasha soon told her story about what happened during the Second Giant War and gained the gift of being brought back to life by Lord Hades as her final award.
When Sasha was done, the old man sipped his lemonade. "I see. And you must have questions for me."
"Just one," replied Sasha. "How much has changed since my passing?"
Percy and Theseus both flinched at Sasha's words. Percy had met her a few days ago and accepted her as his sister.
Chiron smiled at Sasha warmly. "Much has changed my dear. Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter are now aware of each other and accepted each other as each other's families."
"It happened during the Second Giant War, didn't it?" Sasha asked.
He smiled. "Indeed young one. Everyone from both camps have combined their efforts and fought together against Gaea."
"That summons it up pretty nicely," said Reyna with a smile.
Chiron looked around, clearly searching for someone else. His eyes brightened slightly and smiled. "Nico, you can come out of hiding now."
As if melting out of the shadows, a young Italian boy in black clothes and a black-hilted sword. "What is it Chiron?" He glanced at Sasha with slight confusion. "And who is she?"
"Stay with her Nico," said Chiron secretively as he wheeled away to the porch. "I'll be right back."
The two kids both looked at each other, clearly confused and unsure how to start a conversation with each other.
"So, who are you?" Nico asked her.
"I'm Sasha Valiente," replied Sasha. She looked at her new companion curiously. "And you are?"
"I'm Nico Di Angelo, Son of Hades," Nico told her.
"Nice to meet you." Sasha offered her hand to him, in which Nico hesitantly shook her hand.
Some of minor gods and goddesses felt a little guilty about treating Lord Hades and his kin as if they had caught a plague.
"I'm a little curious though," admitted Nico. "Who's your godly parent?"
Sasha glanced at the door to see Percy and Annabeth heading their way with Chiron. She soon remembered Nico's question and smiled at him knowingly. "Neptune. He's my father."
Nico's eyes widened and glanced at the ocean through one of the windows. "Oh gods."
"Wait a moment, I have a sister now?" Percy seemed surprised, but he smiled warmly at Sasha, in which she returns. She wrapped her arms around Percy and squeezed her brother tightly. Sasha felt Percy's strong arms wrap around her. She shut her eyes and let her whole body relax into the embrace.
Percy and Sasha both smiled at each other, clearly acknowledging each other as a pair of demigod siblings.
The scene had changed as Percy showed Sasha around the camp. He talked about all this amazing stuff the camp offered — magic archery, pegasus riding, the lava wall, fighting monsters — with great enthusiasm about having a Roman sister.
He pointed out the open-air dining pavilion that overlooked Long Island Sound. Percy explained how Camp Half-Blood was mostly a summer camp, but some kids stayed here year-round, and they'd added so many campers it was always crowded now, even in winter.
Annabeth smiled, remembering when she first Percy and showing him around the camp. (Though, it was a little rudely).
Sasha wondered who ran the camp, and how Chiron and some of the Romans had known about her. She wondered if she'd have to stay full-time, or if she'd be any good at the activities. A million questions bubbled in her head, but Percy seemed to know that she was slightly overwhelmed.
"Hey guys!" Percy smiled as he joined some of his friends at the combat section. "This is Sasha Valiente, my Roman sister."
Sasha smiled softly at them nervously. "Hi."
"Hey, I'm Jason," greeted the sixteen year old boy with blonde hair and sky-blue eyes. "Son of Jupiter."
Zeus changed forms temporarily before returning to his Greek form.
Sasha soon spotted a pretty Native American girl sitting next to Jason. "Hi, I'm Piper McLean." She wore faded jeans, hiking boots, and an orange shirt peeking underneath her jacket. Her chocolate brown hair was cut choppy and uneven, with thin strands braided down the sides. She wore no makeup like she was trying not to draw attention to herself, but it didn't work. Her eyes seemed to change color like a kaleidoscope — brown, blue, and green.
Aphrodite exchanged a smile with Piper.
Walking towards them was a teenage girl, who's around the same age as Percy. With her deep tan and her curly blond hair, she was almost exactly what Sasha thought a stereotypical California girl would look like, except her eyes made the image even more unique. Her eyes were startling gray, like storm clouds; pretty, but intimidating too.
Athena looked at Annabeth with a proud smile for her battles with her camp and fixing the damages from both recent wars.
"And I'm Annabeth," said Annabeth.
Sasha looked between Percy and Sasha, as if she was gathering hidden information between the duo and her eyes lit up with understanding. "I take it you two are together?" Sasha smirked and the duo laughed as both Percy and Annabeth blushed.
Sasha smirked playfully and the other demigods laughed as both Percy and Annabeth blushed.
"Come on. I'll help you settle in our cabin," Percy said to her warmly as they took off towards Poseidon's cabin.