~ONE~

The breeze was perfect, it wasn't to much to blow Essa's hair into her glossed lips but just enough to make her hair move every so often.

John b stood on the roof of a construction house in figure 8, some where they weren't supposed to be. He let one foot come off the roof and balanced himself.

Cash ran around the deck trying to bite the air. Pope stood on the deck looking through tools that the construction team left behind. And JJ who was seated next to Essa stared at her, every once and a while his eyes would drift off of her and land on John b or down at Pope or to his beer.

But for the most part they were stuck on Essa.

She had a beer in one hand and the other one went up and pulled JJ's hat off his head, she placed it on her head backwards then pulled out her phone to look at it. Then turned the camera aroud and took a picture of the dog, and then her and JJ together.

"That's what a three-story fall from the deck?" Pope asked breaking the silence amougest the boys and girl, "I give you about a one-in-three chance survival." He contiuned with a drill in his hand.

Essa swung her tan legs back and forth as she sat on the scaffolding with the blonde boy next to her. John b hummed and the tried to  see what direction the wind was blowing.

"Should I do it?" Jb asked, "Nooo B I can't lose my twin!" Essa said dramatically as JJ's eyes fell back onto the blonde girl the dog looked up at Essa and tilted his head, Essa climbed down and picked up the dog before handing him to JJ and then climbing back up.

"Aww poor E" Jb said as he looked to Essa then at JJ who was still admiring the girl, he felt bad for his friend who had been wanting the girl for years. The thing is if anyone was closer than JJ and John b it was Essa and JJ. Everyone knew that.

"Jump, i'll shoot you on the way down." Pope said holding up the drill to John b.

"You'll shoot me?" John b asked holding up finger guns at Pope and prending to shoot them.

"They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers." Kie said walking out of the construcion house that she was walking around in.

"Of course. Why wouldn't they?" JJ asked taking his eyes away from John b and placing them on Kie.

"This used to be a turtle habitat, but who cares about the turtles, I guess." Kie said walking to where Pope was standing to look up at where to the rest of her friends were.

She smiled at Essa then looked at the two boys, so took a mental note to talk to Essa later about how close her and JJ were sitting. Kie knew that Essa loved JJ, had Essa ever said that out loud? No, but anyone who looked at them knew they were in love with each other, it was obvious.

"I care kie kie." Essa said placing a hand over her heart. JJ looked over at the girl with a small smile before adding on to the conversation.

"I can't have cold towels." He said looking back down at Kie then looking back to the blonde girl next to him, she had a small smile on her lips as she smacked his arm, he smiled back a her, his smile was bigger than her's. He loved her smile.

"Can you please not kill yourself." Kie said to John b who was still balancing on the roof.

"Don't spill that beer. I'm not giving you another one." JJ said taking his eyes off of the girl and looking up at John b then taking a sip of his own beer. Like a jinx John b dropped the beer and it landed on the ground with a clank. Essa let out a laugh before taking a sip of JJ's beer that he had in his hand. She had finished her's.

"Dumbass" Kie said laughing at the boy who was groaning.

"Hey!" JJ said to Essa who just laughed.

"Hey, uh security's here. Let's wrap it up." Pope said leaning over the edge of the railing. 

"Oh the boys are early today." John b said moving to slip down the roof and on to the scaffolding.

"Humpty Dumpty lets roll." JJ said standing up then putting a hand out to help her up. She reached and grabbed his hand and he pulled her the rest of the way up. Essa reached down and picked up her dog.

"Let's roll peanut gallary!" Essa said grinning.

"Gary is that you?" JJ asked leaning over the edge of the scaffolding, Essa still in hand. He dropped her hand to climb down but as soon as her feet hit the ground he grabbed it again.

"Gary good to see you man!" JJ yelled as he started pulling the girl, along with him as he ran through the house.

"Your just asking for it." Kie yelled running not to far behind the pair. They ran through the house JJ, Essa, Kie, Pope, and John b all ran through the house laughing and giggling. Adrenaline running through all of there bodys. JJ almost slipped down the stairs which led to Essa slipping to Kie took Cash out of Essa's hads as she followed John b while Essa and JJ took the long way. JJ pulled her off the ground as the ran back through the house.

"Hey stop!" One of the sercuity gaurds yelled stopping infront of JJ and Essa, She pulled him off the ground and ran as fast as she could back the other way, giggling and laughing the whole time.

"Get em'  They're comin' your way!" The man yelled. He missed Essa by an inch but grabbed on to JJ.

"Jay!" She yelled still laughing.

"I got him!" The other officer yelled but JJ got out of the mans grip and ran to catch up with Essa.

"Not much of a hugger man!" JJ yelled, Essa laughed, "Don't lie" JJ laughed along with the girl, there laughter ringing through out the house.

"Come on Pope!" Essa yelled out running the boy and hopping the fence. Essa was on the track team in middle school, one first place 3 years in a row. Essa looked back just as Pope hit the ground.

"You ok?" She asked concerned, she knew he was ok but she just wanted to make sure. She'd always been like that, thats the caring and kind part about her. Essa jumped into the back of the van that Kie had opened for the three of them, John b, Kie, and Cash had got out faster than them. Kie shut the door as JJ and Pope jumped into the van, all of them laughed as the fat officer still chased after the van, Kie and Essa watching out the back window, while Pope climbed into the passanger seat next to John b.

"Check out Gary gunnin for a raise." Pope said and Essa looked over at him, she had always admiered Pope, not in the crush way but in the way of him being like a brother she looks up to, like John b. But that would always be different.

"Slow down a little bit." JJ said to John b as he opens the van door back up. Essa took Cash off her lap and blaced him next to Kie. Essa moves next to JJ to watch Gary struggle. JJ moves his hand to the shorts Essa was wearing and puts one finger around the loop, so she doesn't fall.

That made her smile, it was a small act but it meant a lot, it made her feel like she mattered. JJ teased Gary with a beer as Essa took in this small act.

"Guys you gonna give him a heart attack." Kie said pulling Essa back into the van by her shirt. Essa laughed and situated herself up againest the seat.

"They don't pay you enough bro." JJ said as he finally listened to Kie and climbed back inside the van. He looked over at Essa as she through her head back in fits of laughter as John b would lean back and poked her sides while Cash barked at him playfully.

This was a great start to the summer.