Chapter Twenty-One

Despite the fact that it is almost October, the sun is shining as if it were early summer. The first leaves are falling, and I've decided to go for a quick stroll. The previous few weeks have been filled with new experiences, frustrations, and lessons.

I found out several of my classmates are gossiping about me behind my back. I'm not sure why, and I haven't been able to figure it out yet, but I'm not going to let it bother me for the time being because I made a deal with someone.

My class may be extremely backstabbing at times.

John had to experience taht as well. He's been disparaged several times, therefore we've banded together without the others knowing. It's wonderful to have someone to gossip with while everyone else is gossiping.

Every time someone says something nasty about him, I tell him, and he tells me.

He called me last night to tell me what some had talked about , and I had to get myself together not to lose my cool over the actions of the others.

At school, however, we don't let it show because we never really talked to one other, and we don't do it now either, so we don't get caught.

We want to keep it nice so that others don't believe we realize what they're saying about us.

And there's the Aiden thing again. He's getting on my nerves and testing my patience. Every day is different; sometimes he calls me and we text a lot, and the next day there are only a few messages.

I need to call myself an idiot by now.

I'm also wondering whether it's because this necklace, because whenever I wear it with this certain pendant, nice things happen on that day, like Aiden reaching out to me.

I am not superstitious, but I am beginning to believe there is something to it.

Strange.

I'm not wearing it today. That's probably why I check every message to see if it's from him, but it‚s not. I've spent a lot more time on my phone since we first met and I developed this strange bond to him.

I worry if I am dependant on what he gives

or rather to what he does not give.

I am further lost in myself and my principles. Every time, I start to question if I'm betraying myself by letting him do me this way, I find myself leaking.

It drains so much power from me, but I'm driven by this strong desire to channel all of my vitality into Aiden in order to keep what we have. I don't really know what we have, but I want to keep it.

Whatever it costs, I want to be with Aiden.

Aiden

Aiden

Aiden.

That's everything going on in my fucking head again.