02. The Gospel Truth

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

our lady of the underground
act i , fruit of the vine
chapter two , the gospel truth

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

    "A BRIDGERTON? You're pulling my leg

    "A BRIDGERTON? You're pulling my leg."

Persephone couldn't help but grin at the scoff Meg had let out. The pair were situated within the lead actress' dressing room, the wardrobe mistress sat before the dressing table, her legs crossed as she expertly repaired a tear in the sleeve of the blonde's costume, while Persephone — awaiting for her costume to be fixed — lounged across the chaise longue in the corner in her underdress, fiddling with her souvenir from the tale she was imparting upon her friend.

"See for yourself?" The blonde raised the ring in the air, as she rose from her relaxed position, holding it out for Meg to see.

The red-head lifted her gaze from her craft, the mild expression on her lips slowly transforming into light shock as Persephone crossed the room and placed the ring in her hand.

"Oh, Persephone, you didn't."

"What?" The blonde shrugged, a smirk curving her lips. "How else was I to convince anyone of my late night exploits?"

Meg gave a dainty chuckle and shook her head, before placing the ring back in the actress' grasp and casting her gaze back down at the costume resting upon her lap.

"I'll excuse it as a drunken error."

"Drunken error?" Persephone scoffed, holding the ring up to the light. "I was perfectly sensible, thank you."

"You and Alex had the best part of three bottles of wine between you." Meg fixed the girl with a pointed look. "I was amazed you were able to walk."

The actress' lips curved into a wide grin at the memories of the night prior

"You've seen me far worse."