P A R T N I N E

After Draco had put his clothes back on, you confronted him with a question that had been on your mind. "Draco," you asked, "what do I tell Hermione about where I'll be for the next few days?" Draco chuckled, seemingly amused by your inquiry. "Tell her what?" he replied. You elaborated, "I mean, where I will be staying."

Draco's laughter faded as he realized the gravity of the situation. "Just don't say anything," he said with a hint of desperation in his voice. You shook your head in disbelief. "Malfoy, it's not that simple. Don't you understand that you've destroyed our friendship?" You got up to change your clothes, feeling hurt and betrayed.

As you were getting changed, Draco stopped you with a wink. "Well, I think I might take that as a compliment," he said, trying to lighten the mood. But his next words only made you more nervous. "I have to warn you, y/n. It's not what you expect at the Malfoy Manor."

Your voice was laced with confidence as you replied, "I suppose I'll just have to figure it out." The person they were talking to seemed worried, cautioning them, "I'm serious, y/n. If they discover you're there, especially if you're not from Slytherin and a girl, it could be dangerous." Draco's eyes were downcast, and their expression was soft, conveying their concern for your safety.

"You turn to Malfoy, a hint of concern etched on your features. "Malfoy," you begin, "you ought to start prioritizing your own safety over everyone else's. You see, it's not me who poses a danger to you, but rather the one we dare not name." Your gaze drifts downward as you finish speaking, your expression remaining gentle despite the gravity of the situation.

__________________________________

As the sun began to set, y/n lay down on the bed and closed their eyes. After a few hours, a faint knock suddenly echoed throughout the quiet room, jolting y/n awake. The voice on the other side of the door asked, "Y/n, are you ready?" you replied as you gathered your clothes in a tote bag, Draco pulled out a key that appeared to be a port key and extended his hand for you to hold onto. You grabbed his hand tightly and in an instant, you both were transported to a dimly lit mansion. The gloomy atmosphere of the mansion sent chills down your spine and Draco's grip on your hand tightened as if to offer comfort in the unsettling situation.

Your heart heavy with sorrow, you slowly turned around to face Malfoy. As your eyes met him, you could feel the weight of the moment pressing down on you both.
Draco bent down to the floor, his hand reaching for an object that was lying there. As he picked it up, I could see that it was a large, dark-coloured blanket. "Well," he said, holding it out to me. "Put this on."

As you wrapped the blanket around yourself, you realized that it was no ordinary blanket. It was an invisibility cloak, one that would render you completely invisible to those around you. you looked up to see that the man, who you now recognized as Malfoy, had already started walking towards a pair of large, ominous-looking wooden doors.