Chapter 1:

Chapter 1

Saylor

"Agent Saylor Watts, please if I may ask some questions" Justine Farley stood up and walked towards the stand.

"Yes." I nod, allowing myself to take a deep breath, regulating everything about myself in that split moment.

"Can you, if you don't mind, could you tell us about your life, before and leading up to meeting Spencer Reid?" Justine starts...

"Objection your Honor! This doesn't pertain to the case!" Tate Mclaren yells from his table.

"Actually, it does." Justine replies instantly, walking towards the judge.

"Can you give us a reason?" Judge Falloway asks.

"The point of the question is to understand the witness on the stand before she met our defendant. I am proving, that he is capable of being good, creating good in other people, that his impact on her life was never negative." Justine flawlessly answers.

"I'll allow it." The judge retorts. I almost let out a sigh of relief, this was going to help.

"Agent, is this, okay?" Justine asks me and I close my eyes, ready to relive all the moments I've had with Spencer.

"Yes, yes it is." I reply.

"Please Saylor... Start from the Beginning."

2 years and 6months ago:

The life I lived was almost never ending. Being 24, feeling as if your life was already completely planned, made me feel as if there nothing really left to look forward too. The roadmap was planned for forever, almost written in stone. I was ready to keep up with the family business. I loved the farm, I loved our cows, but I didn't plan on being here for the rest of my life. At least it wasn't in my plans. I was planning on going into the FBI. I was classically trained through Yale. I was top of my class. I was determined to be something more.

I picked up on people easily. I was driven to help. The problem? The family business needed me after I graduated college, and I left my dreams behind to take care of them. They gave me everything they could, a good life, a house to call my own, I was lucky. Internally I needed and felt that it was time I returned the favor. I was so fortunate. My two brothers lived in the two houses next door to mine, my best friend a mile down the road. Taylor, my brother was the single one and Major was expecting his first child with his wife Zoe. I had a niece on the way. The first one in the family and I was so ready to be an aunt to what would be the cutest farm baby to ever exist. KT was my best friend, living down the road from me, also worked for the family farm and was going to school at our local community college to be a primary school teacher. She was kind and caring, the perfect person for the job. Mom and Dad lived on the ranch yet and run the facility together. My mom did the papers, and my dad did the laboring, along with myself, KT, Taylor, and Major. We had two hired hands that lived in a small bunk house on the property as well. Between all of us we ran a successful beef ranch two hours away from Quantico Virginia.

I had my long-term boyfriend, Logan Stresh. He was not the love of my life, not anymore. We had spent since we were in high school together, fighting each other often. I was young, he was a little bit older, and I fell for his bad boy attitude. He was the only one I ever loved, had ever been with. I trusted him. He was my best friend, until one day that changed on what felt like a dime. I knew what happened, I fought him daily to continue to love me, to stay present, but it was at the point where I was done fighting. This wasn't how life was supposed to be.

It was a warmer July morning, and I was waking up at Logan's house and realizing I was alone again. It was 7 am and I was tired of waking up alone. He was supposed to be home last night, we had dinner plans and he never showed up for me... for us.