✰𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗶𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗿✰

𝓛acie Thacker is the happiest person you'll ever meet

𝓛acie Thacker is the happiest person you'll ever meet. She's always seen with a smile on her face, a pep in her step, and a mango smoothie in her hand. Most people scowl and stare when they see her skipping around and giggling at nothing in particular. They're envious. Why does she get to be so carefree and upbeat while they're stressed about work and school?

But, if those people who were so quick to judge and hate her took a second to talk to her, they would realize that she has been struggling with a deep sense of sadness. And has been doing everything in her power to keep it hidden from others.

No one but her twin brother, Mason, and her best friend, Thea, knew and understood the root of her sadness. It goes back to when they were just thirteen years old, thriving in a little two-story house at the corner of a street. It was a little yellow house, with little yellow flowers in the yard, and a little yellow mailbox. Lacie assumes that's where her love for the color yellow comes from.

Despite the happy energy that was emitted from their little yellow house, the Thacker twin's birthday was a disaster. As it was also the day their parents had died.

It was October 1, 2002. The Thacker family sat content and giddy in their living room, celebrating the twins' 13th birthday. Playing games and minding their business as they chatted happily about birthday presents and the delicious ice cream cake.

A resounding bang was heard, the sound of a door slamming into a wall. Multiple footsteps were heard as the family panicked and stared at the noises in utter horror. Lacie didn't need to see their faces to know they were petrified of who had entered the once-happy home. She could feel their fear, and the intruder's anger and annoyance. In the blink of an eye, a gun fired twice and her parents were on the ground,  a pool of blood spilling out from under them. Their wide eyes and bloody lips would stay in the back of the kid's minds forever.

This traumatic event has left a lasting impact on the twins and has been affecting them ever since. Despite their efforts to move on, they still carry a heavy burden of emotional pain and longing for their family.

Seventeen years later Lacie had grown up and excelled in hiding her emotions behind a smile, while Mason had never been the same. He was irritable and moody. One would assume the two would have separated at one point. And they would be wrong since their parent's death had only fueled their love for one another.

As kids, they were attached at the hip.

Now, they were bound by the heart.