𝑨𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒂

The feeling I felt was indescribable. His soft hands in mine, his strong arms gently leading my body through the waltz, his fingertips burning on my back. The ballroom was fully decorated and the dimmed lights gave the room a magical feeling. A spotlight followed us while we danced the night away in front of the whole royal court, the orchestra filling the room with the most beautiful music I had ever heard.

As I looked up, I looked into his mesmerizing hazel eyes. His brown hair that was usually on the messier side, was impeccable. His dark blue - almost black, tailored suit made him tall, lean, and yet incredibly muscular. I could feel them beneath my fingers on his arm. I suddenly wondered when he had the time to work out in the gym, along with all his duties and responsibilities.

My hand rested on his chest, feeling every muscle through the several layers of fabric. His sweet and earthy cologne lingered in my nose and it made me feel like I was floating. His hands were on my waist as he twirled me around, my gaze fixed on his gorgeous face. I must have been dreaming. I was wearing a dress that even my status as a Two couldn't afford, dancing in a huge ballroom with my Prince Charming. In that  dark blue blue dress, almost as dark as the night, I was sure I could outshine Cinderella before the clock struck midnight. And the golden accents almost looked like stars that made the actual stars I could see through the ceiling-high windows fade away.

There was this huge, irresistable, maybe even magnetic pull to him. As if I had to oblige to everything he said or what he wanted me to do. In my head, I heard a sweet voice talking to me. The voice of the prince..

"Kiss me, my princess. Show them all you're mine.. And that I want to be yours.."

As I leaned in to kiss him, my eyes locked with his, noticing a hint of shining blue in his irises. Before I could ask or do something, I opened my eyes, realizing it all had been a dream.

I sighed deeply at the sight of my bedroom and turned to my side, watching the birds outside on my balcony. Ever since I had seen the prince arriving in Sarreillan from Scotland, I had fallen head over heels with him. He had been described by Ms. Mendler as 'nothing like that boy that left to study abroad.' Boy had she been right.

Ever since the prince had set foot in Sarreillan, many, many girls had been fantasizing and talking about the prince, who also turned out to be single. My socials were filled with tweets, messages and photos of the new crown prince, although I had to admit I wanted  to see him. I felt a crush for the prince as well. Not because he was a prince or good looking, although that most certainly didn't hurt. Ms. Mendler had also mentioned he had been grown up to be a wise nobleman, and that's what mostly caught my attention. Not as if he would ever see me. Sure, I might have had the biggest chance as a Two, but I couldn't imagine I would see the prince in my near future.

Although he had made a very curious choice for a pet.

In a lot of pictures of the prince that had been taken of him when he was off-duty, he was accompanied by a barn owl. I found it fascinating, as it appeared the owl was trained to deliver and bring mail. Where the heck did Florent manage to find an owl that could both be cuddled and delivered mail?

I sat up straight and climbed out of bed. I grabbed a light blue turtleneck and a black skirt from my wardrobe, with some panties and my slippers. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth, dress myself and comb my hair. I put my hair in a simple ponytail before heading downstairs.

When I descended the stairs and walked into the hallway, my eyes fell on the doormat next to the front door. Along with the newspaper, there was an oddly coloured envelope lying on the floor. I picked up the mail and took grasp of the envelope. It was addressed to the Cortez household and it felt way different than any other envelope I had ever touched in my life. It felt light, airy, and expensive, as if little strands of gold were woven into the paper. I flipped over the envelope and recognized the royal family sign on the wax seal. I gasped. This was from the royal family?!