Kabanata 3 | Dearest Miss Ginger

𝐊𝐀𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐀 𝟑 | 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒 𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Are you sure you weren't dreaming, Your Grace? Truth be told, I've never seen a woman with ginger hair in this Empire. You describe her as if she were a fictional character. I advise you to take a break from reading your stacked books." Jared commented on Niccolo's story.

While taking a break from his daily routine as a knight, Samuel glanced from afar to observe Count Niccolo. Nakaupo ito sa labas habang natatakpan ng silong mula sa malaking payong na animo'y gawa sa ginto. As usual, the Count was accompanied by Jared Vitserk, a member of the Gold Knights.

Niccolo Maximo Kazros may look like a tough Count, but in reality, he's nothing but a man who hugs teddy bears and eats ice cream while reading a thick book.

Samuel has been hearing the same thing from the Count for the past hour. Nasa malayo ang mga ito ngunit parang speaker ang lakas ng mga boses. Samuel wouldn't understand why a talented knight like Jared is always open to hearing Niccolo's story about a certain woman with ginger hair.

The knight from afar heard what Niccolo said. He is searching for a beautiful, pale woman with ginger hair.

The Gold Knights are the highest rank of royal knights, while Copper Knights, like Samuel, belong to the lowest rank. Specifically, this order was where commoners, such as Samuel, who dreamed of becoming a knight, joined.

Yet from the moment they entered the knights, they suffered many cruelties and injustices due to their social status. Who would have thought that most of the bullies came from the Gold Knights, whose commander is Sir Velrod Eisten?

Commander Velrod Eisten, Kleio's cousin who are both Morgana's companions...

"Can you believe that the famous Count acts like that? Is it okay to eat ice cream while hugging a teddy bear in front of the Knights?" Calvin initiated the conversation. Kasalukuyan kasing abala ang iba sa kanilang ginagawa.

Samuel shifted his gaze to the man who had arrived. Tuwid itong nakatayo sa tabi niya. It was Calvin, now considered the screener for upcoming Knights in the slums. Calvin Evans has ash brown hair styled upwards, pale skin, hazel eyes, and monolid brown eyes. Sa lahat ng mga kasama niya'y sa kaniya binigay ang ganitong trabaho.

In contrast, Samuel Veelamos has jet-black hair that is always styled upwards for a clean look. His ocean-blue eyes are mesmerizing, as are his thick eyebrows, high-bridged nose, prominent jawline, and tan skin. He is known as the tallest among the Knights, standing at a height of 6'6".

"Sir Calvin." The moment Samuel said someone's name, everyone stopped. "It isn't a Knight's duty to mind someone's habit, especially a Count. Did you forget about a Knight's Pride? You aren't different. Aren't you fond of Princesses who styled their hair pigtails?" He added.

Calvin took a deep gulp. Hindi ito ang beses na nangyari ang ganito. He just couldn't help but comment on Niccolo's habits, while Samuel would always defend the Count. Walang nagsalita't halos lahat ng mga mata at tenga ay nakatuon sa dalawa.

Samuel's words sounded degrading as well. Did he just announce that Calvin had some weird fetish?

"I apologize for my behavior, Lord Samuel." Calvin bowed his head while fixing his armor. Natahimik naman ang iba nilang kasama.