Enlistment

Please Vote and Comment

Steve Rogers walked the halls of the United State Armed Services Recruitment Center with a dejected look. Standing in front of a poster with a cut out face of a saluting Soldier, Steve had his face illuminated and placed onto it, only to see only have his face due to his size and stature. "Come on." Someone hit his shoulder lightly. "You're missing the point of a double date." Steve turned, and saw his best friend, James Barnes, or as he called him, Bucky. "We're taking the girls dancing." Steve shook his head.

"You go ahead. I'll catch up with you." Bucky sighed, knowing exactly what he was planning on doing.

"You're really going to do this again?" Bucky asked. Steve shrugged.

"Well, it's a fair. I'm gonna try my luck." Steve explained.

"As who, Steve from Ohio?" Bucky asked. "They'll catch you. Or worse, they'll actually take you."

"Look, I know you don't think I can do this." Steve tried to explain.

"This isn't a back alley, Steve. It's war." Bucky tried to get his best friend to see that this was life or death. Not some fight he could get out of with help.

"I know it's a war." Steve stated.

"Why are you so keen to fight? There are so many important jobs." Bucky stated.

"What do you want me to do? Collect scrap metal in my little red wagon?" Steve scoffed.

"Yes. Why not?"

"I'm not gonna sit in a factory, Bucky. Bucky, come on. There are men laying down their lives. I got no right to do any less than them." Steve stated. "That's what you don't understand. This isn't about me."

"Right. 'Cause you got nothing to prove." Bucky said, before sighing. "Don't do anything stupid until I get back." Bucky ordered.

"How can I? You're taking all the stupid with you." Steve returned. Bucky chuckled before pulling Steve into a hug.

"You're a punk."

"Jerk. Be careful." Steve ordered. "And don't win the war till I get there!" Bucky saluted his friend as he left. Steve turned and walked to the enlisting area. But unbeknownst to him, he had been observed by two others.

"I think you've found your candidate, sir." Y/N told Dr. Erskine.

"I believe you are right." The doctor agreed, before following Steve. Y/N stayed put, letting the doctor gain distance away from him as he began to grin like an idiot.

 Y/N stayed put, letting the doctor gain distance away from him as he began to grin like an idiot

"...and here, we, go." Y/N said, before turning heel and walking after Dr. Erskine. Steve was currently finishing an examination to see if he was eligible to join the army, when a nurse walked in and whispered something to the doctor, who nodded, and began packing up.