CHAPTER 11

"It was Monday morning and Alex was still on his bed. He stretched his arms upward and sat up. Arranging his pillows and blanket, he then grabbed his slippers and went to the bathroom. It was so cloudy, and the weather was cold. The coldness of the temperature really touched the skin through your veins and bones.

Alex, who was in the bathroom taking a shower, accessed Spotify and played the music. "I'll let you go. I'll let you fly. Why do I keep on asking why? I'll let you go. Now that I found. a way to keep somehow. More than a broken vow." While listening to the music, Alex danced with the rhythm of the music and let the water touch his skin throughout his body. It was at this moment that his phone rang. "Hello, bro?" It was Brent who called him. "Bro, coach told me last night that we must be early today-as early as 7 a.m. . We still need to warm up and prepare everything we need for our game today." Alex toweled his body and went out from the bathroom to put clothes on while speaking on the phone. "Yes, bro. I'll be there. See you." He continued putting the clothes on and prepared the things he needed for their game. He hurriedly went downstairs and just ate the cereal with milk as his breakfast.

He quickly turned on his Yamaha Mio Fazzio and went to the school. After 10 minutes of travel, he saw Brent and his other teammates standing in front of the school gate wearing their uniforms. He then asked, "What are you doing here? Are you waiting for someone?" His teammates high-fived him. "We are waiting for the coach to arrive. I think we're complete already," Brent said. After a minute of waiting, their coach arrived. "Oh, hello! Let's go inside. Are you all ready?" They went inside the school campus, going to their place for practice. When they arrived, they put all their bags and belongings away and started doing their warm-ups. "Okay, everybody. Listen, I want you to stay focused, especially during the game. Keep your eyes on the ball."

It was already 8 a.m. in the morning, and there were already lots of students present on the school campus. Students coming from different colleges and departments were bringing banners and other things to cheer on their beloved representatives. Everyone was talking to their classmates, the officers were busy handling the events, and the teachers were also there to witness the programs being prepared.

"Hello, Pamulinawinians! How are you today? Are you having a great day?" The host announced in a very ecstatic voice. The program started, and everyone started cheering for their representatives. Some girls were dancing and shouting, while the other boys were bringing with them drums and posters. "Alright. I think everyone is so excited to see the event. Now, I'll be calling the names of the players from different colleges and departments. Starting off with the College of Engineering and Architecture..." The host started announcing the colleges and departments and their players. A minute later, "Let's welcome the players from the College of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences with their players, Alex Perez and Brent Cruz." The basketball court was filled with the deafening sound of the students cheering and the thunderous drums played by them.

The game was played by the College of Engineering and Architecture and the College of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences. Alex Perez was the one handling the ball, dribbling it, and making a three-point shot. "Three points for Alex Perez! Wow, nice game." The College of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences students played their drums and shouted as loud as they could.

On the other hand, Joshua Santos was in the gym together with Jane, Leo, Nisha, and some of their friends. They were also cheering for their bets. Joshua couldn't control himself but shouted when Alex made a three-point shot. "Go, Alex!" He embarrassedly sat down and covered his mouth. Leo, who was sitting beside Joshua, glared at him. Jane, on the other side, said, "Oh, Josh! I thought you didn't like him-like he's not your type. It's really true that action speaks louder than words." Nisha then added, "Yes, indeed. What about Leo?" Both of them were laughing at Joshua's reaction to what they had just said. Leo was just sitting there without making any motion to react to them. Joshua poked Jane and Nisha at their sides. "What are you talking about? I'm just carried away by my emotions. Instead of observing my actions, why can't you both mind your own business?" Joshua got his snacks inside his bag and shared them with them. Leo said in a snobby voice, "Thank you, Josh, but I'm still full."

It was already the 4th quarter of the game, and everyone was really overwhelmed because of a very close fight. In the 1st quarter, the CNAHS won, while in the 2nd quarter, they were defeated. In the 3rd quarter, the CNAHS won against the CEA. And because of that, everyone was really thrilled to watch the players in a nerve-racking situation. The students continued playing their drums and waving their banners. "It's the fourth quarter of the game, and let's begin," the host announced, and the players were gathered.

The coach said, "Alex, just always know why you are playing this and what this is for." While his coach was speaking to Alex, someone said from the crowd in a very loud voice, "Go, Kuya Alex! You can do it! We're here to support you." It was at this moment that Alex Perez saw that person shouting for his name. It was his mom and his dad. It was his first time playing, and his parents were watching him play basketball. He shouted, "Thank you, mom, dad."

After minutes of playing, one minute was left for them to win the game. The score was 89 for CNAHS and 91 for CEA. It was really a close fight, and Alex Perez needed to do everything for them to win. When the player of CEA was dribbling the ball, Alex Perez had the chance to get the ball and did a three-point shot. "Three points for Alex Perez!" The score was 92 for CNAHS and 91 for CEA. "5 seconds left... 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1. Congratulations, College of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences!"

Everyone congratulated Alex Perez and everyone on his team. They did a group hug, and the students from the College of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences were cheering on them, playing their drums.

Alex Perez went to his parents and hugged them. "Thank you, mom and dad." His mom kissed him on the forehead and said, "Congratulations, son, and sorry for it's our first time watching your game." His dad on the other side uttered, "Congratulations, son. We are proud of you."

Joshua, who was with his classmates and friends, was teased by Jane. "Oh, Josh. Do you want to congratulate him?" Josh rolled his eyes and turned his back to them. Nisha exclaimed, "Hey, Josh. Wait for us!"