-Oneshot-

The moon peaked up from behind Sumeru's mountains, slowly rising up with the night sky.  "The moon almost matches you, Paimon." Lumine smiled as she listed the similarities, "You're both silver, and you float... are you sure you're not the moon in disguise?" 

Paimon shook her head as she continued to chow down on her sweet madame. "Of course not! If Paimon was the moon, would that mean the moon was a second Paimon? You only need one Paimon to keep you company."

Lumine giggled, "Fair enough." 

---

Soon enough, Paimon fell asleep. The small, childlike creature had curled up into a ball, snuggling with a blanket. Lumine smiled at her travel companion's rare and peaceful cuteness. The silvery fairy almost looked like a sweet, little baby, all cozy and wrapped in a blanket. Lumine sat up, still unable to sleep, as per usual nowadays. Her life was now eventful. too eventful. Whether it being people out to get her, her daily commissions, or just the usual 'Archon shenanigans' that she always has to go through each time she enters a new region of Teyvat. she should have been tired by now, and she certainly was. She just couldn't bring herself to sleep. Her never-ending thoughts started to make her a bit of an insomniac. The endless possibilities and outcomes kept her up each night. 

Every possible 'What if?' seemed to rush into her head. What if she could have done better? What if every thing she's done was a worthless attempt to try and make things better? What if there was someone watching her, waiting for her to bring her guard down, waiting to strike...

She couldn't stay still any longer. She gently patted Paimon's head, whispering a reassuring, "Good night." causing a soft smile to form across her friend's sleepy face. she returned the smile and left their tent. She wandered aimlessly, but she couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. She was certain she was being watched now. She could almost hear the stalking her in the shadows like a Rishboland Tiger.

Maybe she should go back? She would probably be safer in the tent...

It was too late for that though.

Before she could do anything, she felt someone grab her shoulders and push her to the ground. She quickly looked back up to see the familiar face and figure of The Wanderer. 

"Traveler."

"Wanderer" she stared in annoyance "What was that for?" She groaned as she stood back up. She had taken worse hits that that before, but it still hurt. "You left for Fontaine." He crossed his arms. "And?" Was that really something for him to be so upset over? "And, you didn't say goodbye to Lesser Lord Kusanali."

"Oh." She had figured Nahida wouldn't mind, she certainly didn't want to take up any more of her time now that she was finally free from the confinement of her so called 'sanctuary'. The thought of what the Sages put her through made her feel sick. Knowing her friend was likely upset at leaving her she decided that she would go see her first thing tomorrow. "I'll be sure to apologize in person." He only nodded before asking his next question, "Why aren't you asleep? Are you trying to avoid her?" 

"No, no, I just can't." Physically, she could. But, her mind was racing and keeping her awake. He nodded and grabbed her wrist, dragging her back to her tent. "How did you know I was staying over here?" She stared at him only to be answered with a deafening silence. She smiled, knowing he was being socially awkward, probably wanting to 'coincidentally' run into them before but didn't know how to go about it. 

"You can talk to us anytime you want, y'know?" She was met with his awkward silence again. "Wanderer?" 

"You're almost being as much of a pest as your friend right now." He scoffed. "Oh, great. You can still speak, I was starting to get worried" She teased as she flicked his shoulder, clearly only annoying him even more. Even with said annoyance towards her, he sat outside her tent. "Go inside and rest. If anything happens, I'll take care of it."

"But," She barely got a word in before he cut her off. "No, go and rest." She was surprised at his sudden dismissal towards her , but now she wanted to test his limits. Maybe it was the tiredness catching up to her and giving her stupid ideas, or maybe she just wanted to see what she could get away with now that they were alone together for once.

"What if i don't?" She smiled as she sat beside him. His eyes narrowed, "Are you dense, or just stupid?" 

"Those two words mean the same thing, Silly." Her comment ticked him off even more, he was about to say something before she beat him to it. "I appreciate that you're trying to look out for me, but I'd rather talk to you right now than rest." He scoffed, "Why's that?" 

"Because I've missed you."

"You missed me?" He stared at her questioningly, "Just me?"

"Well, I've missed everyone of course. But, I feel like I rarely see you." She smiled, "So, how have things been?"

"Are you really attempting to make small talk with me?" He rolled his eyes, unamused by her attempt to converse with him. "Fine, since it's you, I'll oblige. Things have been pretty much fine. Most scholars at the Akademiya are still as idiotic as ever, but they've gained some basic intelligence since you've last seen them. Kusanali has been fine, she was disappointed that you didn't say goodbye to her though."

She nodded, Nahida was going to get the biggest apology she's ever had, possibly out doing the Sages. "What about Vahumana?" She asked, trying to expand the conversation further. He only scoffed at the question, "What about them?"

---

She eventually got him to continue speaking again, she got to hear about his papers and exams, all topics that she was glad not to be included in. She continued to expand her views on the Akademiya. She certainly felt even more bad for a certain blue haired, elf eared friend of her's after knowing the full scope of work scholars have to do. He kept talking, pausing every once in while to see if she had anything to say, but she just nodded, returning to her usual, silent personality.

---

"...And that's about it," He finished, waiting for her to say something only to see her start drifting off to sleep. 

"Did you only ask me to talk so I could bore you to sleep?" He sighed as he picked her up, bringing her into the tent and laying her down comfortably. Carefully, he wrapped a soft blanket around her.

Before she fully drifted off into a peaceful, dreamless slumber, she could hear him whisper "Sleep well." before she felt a soft kiss on her forehead. "Sweet dreams, Lumine." 

Restless (ScaraLumi fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara