𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐒 to an end I'd like to share a few things I've learnt about fun in the sun

𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐒 to an end I'd like to share a few things I've learnt about fun in the sun. Gossip Girls guide to Summer, tip number one: Don't fall asleep on the job. The best hookups are free of morning breath and awkward conversation. The only thing harder than making up is waking up. Summer tip number two: There is no 'we' in summer. Only 'U' and 'me'. Find out where you stand before you find yourself standing up. Anyone can canoodle in July and August, but will he be gone by September?

I answered Blair's call and brought my phone to my ear, "Things are going South will Lord Marcus," She immediately spoke into the phone.

I frowned at her desperate tone, "Who's Lord Marcus?"

"James," She said like it was obvious, "Turns out that he was only pretending to be a commoner. It's like Roman Holiday only I'm Gregory Peck and he's Audrey Hepburn."

"Suddenly it's all so clear," I realised with a chuckle.

I could practically see Blair's eye roll through the phone, "He's not really a college student. He's a Lord, and I love him."

I rolled my eyes, "Okay, I'm gonna take your word for it. But, Blair, love?"

"Like very much." She informed me, "And not just because Tom Hanks gave him a Kleenex at Lady Di's funeral."

I sighed heavily, "And you really expect me to believe this isn't all about getting revenge on Chuck?"

"Revenge is so twelve hours ago," She spoke exasperatedly, "And just because Marcus happens to be the perfect post-Bass palate cleanser doesn't mean he isn't a delicious dish in his own right."

"So you guys are soulmates," I said, sarcasm laced in my tone, "What exactly is the problem?"

"He's being vague about he future." She worried.

I chuckled at my best friend, "But you just found out this guy's real identity. Is it not a little soon to be worrying about the rest of your lives."

She scoffed, "But not the rest of the year. It's the season for flings, tennis pros and townies. I'm his secret summer shame."

I frowned, "Blair Waldorf, a fling. You're not exactly low maintenance." I chuckled.

"Speaking of, where were you last night?" She asked accusingly, "And any idea where your sister was either? Did you see the lifeguard turn up at the party or did she find another disposable-"

I cut the girl off, "I was with Nate and as for Serena, I have no clue."

"Can you try and find out?" She asked.

I shrugged, "I guess. Why do you care so much?"

"Nosey," She replied, "I'll call you later." She said before hanging up the phone.