Chapter 8: I See the Light Pt. 2

"Happy birthday, Raps." When I said that, Rapunzel looked towards me and gave me the biggest grin I've seen in theast few days.

"Thanks, Cass! For, well, y'know...everything." She said, still grinning.

Now for the fourth time, my face got warm, and I looked away. I couldn't get carried away. I was only doing this to catch Flynn...right?

"Uh- d-don't mention it. Let's uhm- get a boat, shall we?" I stammered. Oh my gosh, did I just stutter?! No, no. This cannot be happening.

Rapunzel nodded in response. "Yeah! This is gonna be so magical..!" She said excitedly. Though, as we rowed out onto the water, I noticed a change in her facial expression.

"Hey, Rapunzel? You doin' ok over there?" I asked.

"Uh- yeah...yeah! All fine over here..." Rapunzel stated.

I wasn't buying it. "Are you sure? You look-"

"Nervous? I know. But, wouldn't you be if you were finally fulfilling your dream? Your destiny? I just...I guess I wonder what I'll do next. After i help you find Flynn Rider, that is."

I sighed. I couldn't say I understood what Raps was feeling, but, I definitely felt bad for her. "Don't worry, i'm sure that you'll find out your next endeavor."

Rapunzel smiled softly, but then she gasped. I tilted my head at her, but when she pointed up, I saw what she was excited about. She leaned over the side of the boat, making it stagger, but I somehow kept my balance. The little chameleon she had(which I honestly forgot she had) stared at me with a smug grin.

"What are you looking at?" I said. Pascal shrugged and looked back at Rapunzel.

I shook my head, and took in the sights of the lanterns. However, I found myself looking at Rapunzel instead. I couldn't help it. It's like I was...drawn to her.

Meanwhile, in Rapunzel's POV:

I can't believe I'm actually here! It's amazing... I thought. It's true, I never expected to be actually seeing the lanterns! I mean, i never even thought i'd be out of my tower right now! I sighed contently, looking at the lanterns dance in the sky.

All those days watching from the windows...
All those years outside looking in.
All that time... never even knowing
Just how blind I've been!
Now I'm here, blinking in the starlight...
Now I'm here, suddenly I see:
Standing here, it's all so clear,
I'm where I'm meant to be!

I shifted my gaze to Cass, who looked away when i looked over, and I smiled softly.

And at last I see the light,
And it's like the fog has lifted!
And at last I see the light,
And it's like the sky is new~
And it's warm and real and bright,
And the world has somehow shifted...
All at once, everything looks different.
Now that I see you...

Back in Cassandra's POV:

Hopefully Raps didn't see me staring at her. I thought. I mean, she looked beautiful in this light, it was hard not to... I looked back up at the sky, and thought for a moment...

All those days, trying to be something i dreamed of....
All those years, living in a blur...
All this time, never even seeing:
Things the way they were..
Now she's here, shining in the moonlight..
Now she's here, suddenly I know,
If she's here, it's definitely clear:
Where I'm meant to be is right here..!

I looked back at Rapunzel, watching her enjoy the lanterns. Suddenly, she turned to me, and we seemed to be thinking the same thing...

And at last I see the light,
And it's like the fog has lifted!
And at last I see the light,
And it's like the sky is new...

And it's warm and real and bright,
And the world has somehow shifted...

All at once, everything is different.
Now that I see you...

After a minute or so, I snapped out of my daze when Rapunzel looked away. "So...uh- enjoying your dream?" I asked her.

"Yeah, it's wonderful! It's even more beautiful than I thought it would be." She replied, her voice dripping with enthusiasm.

A lantern found it's way onto the boat, and we both caught it, lifting it back into the air. Afterwards, I found myself doing something I never thought I'd do..

I was brushing the hair out of her face, and, before Raps could say anything, i...well, I kissed her.

Why? No idea. All I know is that...it felt wonderful.

When I pulled away, both of our faces were red.

"I...Cass.." She muttered.

Crap. "Aha, s-sorry about that, was that too-"

"No, no...it was fine. I...liked it."

She...what?! Was I hearing her correctly?

"You...really?"

"Yeah, I did.." She smiled, and it made my heart flutter. That's when the boat we were on softly bumped the shore.
____________________________________________________________________

A/N: OH MY GOSH IT'S FINALLY HERE...I deeply apologize for the wait, and if this was cringe, as i had a head cold while writing this and wasn't thinking properly. Anywho, three cheers for our favorite gay couple, and, enjoy!