Chapter 2

The front door of the house slams shut, and an angry voice says, while putting their jacket on the hook by the door, "Argh!"
Both Sam and Danny peek around the corner from being in the kitchen. Danny making dinner, and Sam washing the leftover dishes.
Sam walks into the dining room, drying off her hands, and she says, "What's wrong?"
Tara slams her fist on the table, feeling her hand where she was stabbed, cramp a little, which she massaged it, and said, "Fucking Chad. All he does now, is drive me crazy. I can't even go outside, to get the mail, without him being up my ass, making sure there isn't a Serial Killer stalking in the bushes."
Sam chuckled and said, "He's just looking out for your safety."
Tara said, "That's not the point. The point is, it's been one year since New York, and we haven't had any problems with Serial Killers, who dress up as Ghostface this entire time Sam. So he doesn't need to be overprotective of me."
Sam said, "Maybe so Tara, but Chad loves you. I'll talk to him, maybe he will stop being overprotective."
Tara sat down on the couch, and said, "No point. I broke up with him."
Sam sat down beside Tara, putting an arm around her sister's shoulder, and said, "Why did you do that?"
Tara said, "Because he was pissing me off, in the conversation we we're having, and I couldn't take it anymore, so I broke up with him. It's for the best."
Sam said, "Then it might be weird, because we invited you both, Mindy, Sarah, and Kirby over for Christmas Eve dinner."
Tara said, "Damn it. I absolutely forgot about that. I'm sorry for bringing this drama over."
Sam said, "It's fine."
Sam pulled Tara closer, laying her head on Sam's shoulder, and massaged her hand through her hair.
Danny started setting the food on the dining room table, and when he was finished, he says, "Food is done."
Sam and Tara stand up, walk into the dining room, and look at the spread on the table. There is Turkey, Ham, Green Bean Cassarole, Yams, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Stuffing, Cranberry Sauce, Rolls, and Vegetables.
The doorbell rang, and while Tara sat down at the table, Sam went and opened the front door, and a red faced Chad, who had been crying, and Mindy, Sarah, and Kirby, we're standing on the front porch.
Sam smiled, and said, "Come on in. Dinner is ready. Just take your coats off, and come sit at the table. It sure is coming down at here."
Kirby said, while they all walked in, "It sure is. I've always loved snow. I used to make Snow Angels when I was a kid. And I remember one year, when it came down so hard, just like this, that instead of making an Angel, I ended up getting covered in so much snow, that my mom called me a snowman."
Sam laughed, and while everyone else was sitting at the table, Kirby took off her jacket, and hung it up.
Kirby said, "There is something important I need to tell you."
Sam said, "Is it good or bad?"
Kirby said, "It's bad."
Sam said, "Let's just wait until after dinner. I don't want to ruin this moment."
Kirby nodded, and they both headed into the dining room, and sat down. Danny was standing at the end of the table, with a sharp knife and two pronged fork in his hand.
He said, "Alright, now I don't know how you guys have done this in the past, but in my house, we used to pass the food around first, and then do grace. And since it has worked for me growing up, I felt like it would be the best option."
Danny started cutting both the Turkey and then the Ham, putting them on plates, while Sam passed them around the table. Once everyone had thier plates full of each dish, they each grabbed their neighbor's hand, and Danny started to say Grace.
Danny said, "We are gathered here today, for this lovely occassion of it being Christmas Eve. Where I have made this beautiful dinner, and we are here today, with our friends, on this lovely evening. Lord, we thank you for giving us a wonderful year, where we didn't have to deal with any losses, and we want to thank you Lord. We hope this dinner is delicious. Amen."
Everyone else said, "Amen."
They started to eat dinner, and have a good time.
When they all finished eating the main course, Danny brought out dessert, which was three types of pie. One was Pumpkin, the second was Apple, and the last one was Pecan.
Danny set them on the table, while Chad said, "Tara can I please talk to you in the living room?"
Tara stood up, and walked into the living room with Chad.
Chad said, "Can we please talk about this break up?"
Tara said, "No Chad. I have told you plenty of times not to smother me, and you never listened to me. You know what it was like, when Sam did the same thing. I pushed away."
Chad said, "I'm sorry. I just want to make sure you're safe. I care about you so much."
Tara said, "If you're just gonna keep smothering me, not letting me do things by myself, then no Chad. And that's final."
Tara walked back into the dining room, and Chad slumped down on the couch, turned on the Television, and started to cry. Chad put his face in his knees, and started to cry again. A couple minutes later, Mindy walked in, sat down next to her brother, and put her arm on his back.
Mindy said, "Chad, we've talked about this. If you love her, you can't keep smothering her. No matter what, you need to let her do things by herself."
Chad looked up, tears running down his face, and he said, "I know, but I can't help it."
Mindy wiped away the tears that we're streaming down his face, and said, "She might come back, but you need to change first. Otherwise, she won't come back."
Chad nodded, and put his face back in his knees, and Mindy stood up, and walked back into the dining room. A couple minutes later, Chad lifted his head, wiped away what tears he had left, and right when he was about to stand up, he looked at the Television screen, and it read; Gale Weathers Dead.
Chad turned the volume up, and said, "Hey guys. I think we might have a problem."
Mindy said from in the dining room, "What kind of problem?"
Chad said,"A Gale Weathers being dead problem."
Everyone quickly stood up, and came into the living room.
The Television News caster said, "It is a tragedy when you hear someone dies. But apparently this loss is one we will never forget. Gale Weathers was found in her home, early this morning with her new boyfriend Troy Reynolds. Both dead, and there is no evidence or suspects of who killed these two. The Forensic's have established, that they have been dead for two days, and that whoever killed them, made sure not to leave any evidence. The more we learn, we will inform the public, but until then, stay in your homes."
Kirby said, when she got closer to Sam's ear, "This is what I wanted to tell you. Except there is some evidence, that we kept from the News. Gale was stabbed, multiple times, and Troy's throat was slit. Other then that, the cops have nothing else, but I feel like this might have been another Ghostface killing."
Sam said, "We can't ever get away from this, can we?"
Kirby shook her head, and said, "No. In my opinion, once you're targeted by Ghostface, and survive, I feel like you're targeted until you're finally dead. Which means, everyone here, except for Sarah and Danny has been targeted by Ghostface, and survived. So whoever it may be under the mask this time, is most likely gonna be gunning for each of us, maybe even the two new ones who haven't been targeted. Which means, we might see Sidney on the News next, which I really hope isn't true."
Sam walked over to where the phone was, picked it up, and started dialing a number.
Kirby said, "Who are you calling?"
Sam said, "Sidney. Gale left her number to me, in case she was ever dead, and I need to warn her."
Sam hit dial, and the doorbell rang.
Danny walked over to the front door, opened it, and said, "Sam baby, you might want to hang up."
Sam said, "Why?"
Danny said, while letting in two people, "Because she's here."
Sam watched as both Sidney, who was holding a ringing cellphone, and a man came in.
She hung up, put the phone back, and said, "I was just getting ready to call you."
Sidney said, "I know about Gale. But I'm glad she trusted you with that valuable information. Kirby it's so good to see you again."
Kirby hugged Sidney, and said, "You too. And who is this, that you brought with you?"
Sidney said, "Oh, everyone this is my Husband, Mark."
Kirby said, while shaking Mark's hand, "Detective Mark Kincaid. Well retired Detective, but still the same. It's so good to meet you."
Mark said, "Kirby I have heard a lot about you. I'm very pleased to hear that you joined the FBI, after you survived."
Kirby smiled, and said, "Yeah, I wanted to help out people, and I felt like working cases that involved Ghostface, would help. Especially if they had gone through what I have."