Chapter Three: Seeking Answers

Aditya Pov

As Aditya closed the distance between himself and the trembling figure bound before him, his heart raced with anticipation. Finally, after years of relentless pursuit, he stood on the brink of uncovering the truth that had eluded him for so long.

The man's eyes widened in fear as Aditya approached, his frantic struggles betraying the desperation that consumed him. He was backed into a corner, with no option but to face the consequences of his actions.

Just as Aditya prepared to confront him, the man's actions took a shocking turn. With a swift motion, he severed his own tongue, a desperate attempt to escape the interrogation that awaited him. Aditya's shock was overwhelming as he watched the life drain from the man's eyes, leaving behind only a sense of bitter defeat.

In a surge of rage, Aditya lashed out at the heavens, cursing the cruel hand fate had dealt him. His bodyguards intervened, their steady hands guiding him away from the scene as they urged him to regain his composure.

Seated inside his car, Aditya's mind raced with questions, each one more confounding than the last. Who could have orchestrated such a callous act? Was it someone he trusted, someone who had betrayed him in the worst possible way?

As the pounding ache in his head intensified, Aditya knew he needed time to process the whirlwind of emotions threatening to consume him. Instructing his driver to return to the safety of his mansion, he retreated into the solitude of his thoughts, the rhythmic patter of rain against the windows a soothing backdrop to his troubled mind.

Back within the familiar confines of his home, Aditya sought solace in the familiar routines of self-care. A long, hot shower washed away the grime of the day, and soon, exhaustion claimed him, pulling him into the depths of slumber as the storm raged on outside.

Yet even as sleep enveloped him, the specter of unanswered questions lingered, casting a shadow over his dreams and fueling his determination to uncover the truth, no matter the cost.

Anu's Pov

Anu sat at her desk, her textbooks spread out before her as she diligently studied for the upcoming entrance exam. The morning sunlight streamed in through the window, casting a warm glow over her determined expression.

Suddenly, there was a knock at her door, and Anu quickly scrambled to hide her books under her pillow before her mother entered the room. "Good morning, Anu," her mother greeted her with a smile, glancing around the tidy room.

"Morning, Mom," Anu replied, trying to act casual as her heart raced with nervousness. Her mother's presence always made her feel a mixture of comfort and anxiety, especially when she was trying to study without being disturbed.

"Why didn't you open the gate earlier?" her mother asked, her tone gentle but curious. Anu's mind raced as she tried to come up with an excuse. "Oh, I was just in the washroom, Mom," she replied quickly, hoping her mother wouldn't notice anything amiss.

Her mother nodded understandingly, but Anu could sense a hint of suspicion in her gaze. "Alright, dear, make sure to finish up quickly. I need your help with some chores downstairs," her mother said before turning to leave the room.

Anu let out a sigh of relief as her mother departed, grateful that her secret study session hadn't been discovered. She quickly took the opportunity to freshen up, heading to the bathroom to take a quick shower before joining her mother downstairs.

As she descended the stairs, Anu's thoughts were consumed with the exam and her desire to study with Nick. She had barely reached the bottom of the stairs when her father's voice interrupted her train of thought.