- carbon

"I thought he was just a lizard." — JASON GRACE

ੈ✩‧₊˚

Jason was not excited about being on tonight's watch. He barely got enough sleep as it was, and now he had to do it again.

What could be even worse than that? Well, Jason also was internally freaking over his best friend.

Why didn't he just let Leo pass him in the hall earlier? Why did he have to embarrass himself? He should've just said nothing instead, and go on with his day—but most importantly, he was thinking about why in Zeus' name, did he care?

Jason had never really thought about something as much as he had thought about Leo in the past few hours.

That thought made him think about Leo again, and then he was thinking about Leo's hair, how it would feel to touch his curls around his fingers, then he thought about Leo's lips.

And that was Jason's breaking point. It was eleven at night, why was he thinking about his best friend? His male best friend, at that.

He was straight, right? Jason had always thought he was into girls, he dated Piper, so that made sense.

But then he realized, Jason hadn't thought about anyone like he had Leo. It felt so wrong, but so.. right.

When it reached the end of his watch, Jason had never been happier to just reach that hallway of cabins.

But to his surprise—one of them was open, and it was that small Latino boy's he had been thinking about all day. It was Leo's.

So when Jason heard a loud, "Oh for Hephaestus's SAKE—" he knew it was him.

Jason made his way to the origin of the yell, and not to his surprise he was met with the Latino working in the Engine Room.

"Are you okay?" Jason chuckled at Leo's annoyed expression. The Son of Hephaestus turned to him and blinked.

"Oh—Jason?" Leo's tone softened so much Jason felt his knees threaten to give in. "Yeah, why?"

"Well, I heard a yell so I assumed..." Jason couldn't help but smile as he leaned against the door frame.

Leo glanced back at whatever he was doing, and then looked at Jason. "Sorry about that, I got my arm cut on something and—"

"Let me see it." Jason furrowed his brows as he stepped closer to Leo.

The Latino blinked before waving his hands in front of him, "No, it's okay. Really I—"

"Just shut up and let me see it, Leo." Jason rolled his eyes in a playful manner and the two sat down on the Engine Room floor.

Leo held out his arm and Jason inspected the cut, he didn't even know why he was being so persistent and careful, but he was.

There was a bit of silence between the two boys.

Jason was so focused on being careful with Leo's cut that he didn't even notice the Son of Hephaestus staring at him. Until he looked up too, and then it was just them staring at each other.

Jason didn't really know what was happening until they were both suddenly closer and leaning in, and—

"Leo! Jason! Get out here, the ships under—" as soon as Jason heard the girls voice he stood up and shifted slightly away from Leo.

He still had a small red tint on his cheeks when Hazel came in the Engine Room. "The ships under attack, we need you guys to come help!"

"The ships under attack?" Jason asked to distract himself, and followed Hazel out into the deck, leaving Leo by himself in the Engine Room.