Part 1: Where to start?

So I just thought I'd start a blog. I don't know why - I've tried it before. I guess nobody really read it at all. Well I'm going to try it again. This will probably be a different kind of blog because I'm not really going to edit it. Sorry if you're reading this and there are spelling errors and that kind of stuff. Usually I'm a perfectionist about my work. I edit the crap out of it and don't really let anyone else read it until I'm absolutely happy with what I've written. WELL NO MORE. Welcome to the world of crappy writing.

So let's get into it. This is supposed to be a blog about writing - and it will be - but there will probably other stuff too. Anyway, lately I don't really know what I'm doing with my writing. Not that I don't have any ideas, or stuff that I want to write. No. I have plenty of ideas and so many things that I want to write about. I guess that it's just that I've had this dream, ever since I finished Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone, that I would become a traditionally published writer. Granted - back then the dream was that my novel would be a best seller, and that I'd be a millionaire living the dream life. You know. But as I got older I realised that I just wanted to make enough money from my writing to be able to write full time because it's what I loved doing. So I'm lost. My traditional publishing endeavours have somewhat failed. I had a publishing contract quite some time ago but it fell through due to creative disagreements (I'll probably write an article about that at some other point in time). Now I'm really lost. I still have a dream of writing full time but I just don't know how to get there.

Anyway - I'm not starting this blog to complain. Writing is a journey. For some of us a long journey. It can be hard at times, and tedious. But there's always joy when we find out that someone has enjoyed what we have produced. I'm exploring options - but I think the trick is to keep running onward.

Going forward, I think this blog will be a mixture between writing about my life and writing about writing. Who knows if I'll continue it. I might just get demotivated and stop. You won't know until I post the next part. Bye.