1

Thud thud thud

"Dammit... What now?!" I say, irritation already sprouting in my barely awake voice, I shuffle to the door, somewhat baffled about who could be knocking at 2 AM.

A man stands there, just on my dusty old welcome mat, I stand on my toes and look in the peep hole with much more care, my eyebrows furrowing.

A stalker? No too irritable! A murderer? He's far too frail looking! Bloody hell what does this man want at three AM in the bl-

"Oh hello! Your eyes are quite lovely sir, what a shade of hazel they are!" He says, his voice seeming to contain arrogance and shadiness.

I step back, a bit taken back about how forward this man seems, I gulp and speak, palms sweating a wee bit, "Um.. Hello. Why are you knocking, has it occurred to you its three in the morning?" I say, not intending to sound rude. A chuckle comes from the man, and he speaks "Well I thought I'd offer for you to join my club, it's quite marvelous and we need members!" I thought I hear urgency in his voice, but he presses on, "Its three in the morning to two PM.." He says a bit more calm now.

What a odd fellow... Three in the morning for a silly club?

"Three in the morning?! Why so early? And what's so special about this club of yours?" I say, curiousity getting the best of me. He takes a few minutes to respond, I can hear his feet tapping about. "Well it's an important club you see! We talk and make things and sing, there's bonfires and dancing, maybe even some snacks!" His voice seems to break, which perplexes me a bit.

"Are you homeless sir? You seem to be in distress... I could phone someone for you.." I say nervously, hoping he'd take the hint to leave. All he does is stand there breathing fast, I become even more panicked and confusion rises. what does he want from me?

"N-no I'm not homeless... And no I just wanted... You to join my club..." He says, his eyes oddly widened.

Maybe if I agree to join the club he might leave..

"I'd love to join your club! But tonight... I'm just in need of sleep.. May I know your name though?" I say cautiously, my hands trembling slightly, my lip quivering. Suddenly the man grins the brightest grin I've seen before, he nods fastly. "O-okay! My names Wilbur.
I'll slip the information paper under your door! Bye!" Without saying anything else a paper is slipped under my door and I hear quick footsteps, they quiet down shortly after and he finally is gone.

I pick up the paper and read it, amused.

FOREST CLUB! Come have fun!
Located by the river where the tallest tree stands!

I finish reading, my eyebrows furrowed and my hand pulling at my mop of messy brown hair. Well that was quite odd, that man seemed just so strange.. A club in the Forrest! He'd be dreaming if I actually showed up.. No way in hell will I be going! Hah as ever.