DD/:TheENDtale/Ink's Empathy

Error was in his tower, sitting on his bed staring up at the ceiling. I watched him thoughtfully as he slouched. Walk to the window and threw an eraser at him. This was my chance, my chance to get to know him. My chance to actually talk.

"Hay wanna chat?"
He looked at me annoyed and went to his window, crossing his arms.
"No."

"Oh common! We can be bestest of buddies." I leaned out through the window, I needed to try, please....Error... Let me in.

He looked at me.

"Ew, no."

"Please? I see you in the tower next to mine. I'm bored!!" I dramatically lean over the window seal pretending to faint. Error narrowed his eyes.
"Fine, what do you want?"

"FRIENDSHIP!!!"

Rolling his eyes he leaned against the wall, but there was a small smile.
"Of course..."

I put my hands on my hips, " Oh stop, I'm sure we can. I know we'd fight but maybe this can be a new start?"

He looked at me a bit shocked and looked away softly.
"Or new problems.."

I softened, the vulnerability of his face made my chest tighten. I reached my hand out to him.
"Don't think like that. Things can get better."

He huffed, "For you. Everyone loves you."

"People love you too."

The look on his face was so painful, he looked at me with such hopeless eyes. Turning away he sat on his bed, burying his face in his hands, his voice cracked trying to hold back tears.
"They hate me."

I stared at him. My voice, small but honest.

"I don't hate you."

He lifted his head and stared at me with a look of disbelief but in that stare, he knew I was serious. That I meant every word. I could never hate him, no matter what we've done, no matter how much we've screwed up. I'd never hated you Error. Never.

"Really?" He finally said, his hands shaking.

"Yes, I don't like fighting you. I've wanted to talk to you for so long."

He stood up and looked at me.
"Why?"

"Because I want to. Do I really need any other reason?"

He chuckled and smiled the sweetest of smiles. "No, I guess not."

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ink was staring into the vast expanse, watching the sunset. He wasn't exactly sure where he was or why he was there but the view was beautiful, even inspiring. He pulled out a pencil, some paper and started sketching. Resting on his stomach he hummed to himself, kicking his legs in the air just enjoying the moment.

He stopped and stared out. A memory, like something on the tip of his tongue that he could barely recall.

A face?

A woman?

Vines?

It all felt so random, so he tried to draw them. Over and over he took the fragments of memories and sketched them, trying to fit them together. Until he drew a portrait, a portrait of a woman with short hair that curled at her shoulders and smiled softly as she gazed out.

Ink looked it over and looked at it confused.

"Have I seen her before?" He kept looking at the picture and noticed something odd. He rolled onto his back staring up at the drawing. The more he looked at it the more he felt his body tense. His chest was tight and something was on his face leaking down.

Thinking it was ink that he accidentally smudged on himself he whipped it off.
But instead of ink, it was clear. He looked at it confused as it soaked into his gloves. He whimpered as tears ran down his face, smudging the ink that he did get on himself.

Those tears turned into sobs and he could feel. In that instant seeing her face overwhelmed him. Sadness, joy, longing, heartbreak. It was like he swallowed all the ink in the Doodle Sphere and he couldn't contain it.

He laid on the ground, letting the odd situation pass and once it did he cleaned himself off and took the picture. On the back, he wrote: Find her.