|The New Fauna|

It was early morning on skull island- before the sun arose. Arufa was tearing into a rather large sker buffalo with a few skullcrawlers. Some became agitated and nipped at her. She responded with a brief snap of her jaws.
Just then some loud footsteps could be heard. They belonged to something unfamiliar to her and it caused the ground to shake violently.
The unknown creature let out a roar. Letting the species that lived on this island he was not to be messed with.
Arufa did not know what caused these sudden noises- none of the species on skull island- that she had seen at least. Didn't make these types of noises. Whatever it was it must've been huge.
She grumbled- partially out of annoyance and peeked her head above the carcass. As she looked up. A large shadowy figure could be seen in the distance. This definitely didn't belong on skull island. Her eyes widened as she immediately lowered her head.
Godzilla walked very slow- worn from the long trip at sea. He let out a long, deep growl as he looked ahead at the smaller creatures. The skullcrawlers responded with an abrupt hiss at this unknown creature. Godzilla decided to play it nice for now and turned the other way after biting at the air in their direction. He did not want to fight- but at the same time he didn't want to look weak. The spines on the back of Arufa's neck lifted in curiosity as she stepped back.
Godzilla began to make his way to a large damp cave farther into the island. Not many of the creatures on this island lived there and it was quiet- just what he was looking for. He slowly laid down his heavy body in the cave- he was lying on his left side with his tail curled around him. His tail not only provided some warmth but also a shield which made him feel safer on this unfamiliar island. Godzilla slowly closed his eyes letting himself listen to the pitter-patter of water droplets in the cave.
The sun began to slowly rise over the island- illuminating Arufa's battle-torn body. After a bit of consideration she decided to follow this thing and find out what it was. She followed its scent down a small thin stream that split off into other streams. After following the scent trail for a while she noticed the cave. She stepped closer to get a better look at what could be within the cave- thanks to the help of her advanced night vision she was able to see the large creature asleep within the cave. She slowly crept closer to it- but stopped noticing a ledge. She climbed up the ledge and glared down at this creature. The tip of the rock collapsed underneath her weight- it fell onto the ground and made a loud thud. She quickly recoiled and crouched to attempt at concealing herself. She became extremely fearful realizing her cover might've been blown from this small error.
Godzilla upon hearing this noise lifted his head abruptly. He growled loudly letting it echo throughout the cave. Though he remained lying down with only his head raised as he scanned the room for the source of the noise. The new light revealed to him the small skull-crawler like species cornered in the cave. She seemed frightened and not a threat at all. He took a second gaze to her to make sure and noticed she was- small. He assumed she was probably a young member of the species but realized she was probably a smaller sub-species. He also took note of the scars and the fresh battle wounds on her skin. Her eyes narrowed at him as he did. The spines on the back of her neck raising in curiosity. Godzilla shook his head- having enough of this creature bothering him. "Get out.." he said with a growl. "Before I make you".
"W-what are you?-"
"It doesn't matter- get out." He snapped as he whipped his heavily armored tail side to side. But began to calm himself seeing she was simply frightened and didn't seem to mean any harm. "I'm a..Gojira" he said with a calmer tone and his tail began to stop moving.
"I've never heard of your species before- but what is your business here e-exactly?" She began to slowly step down from the ledge. He grumbled. "Why does it matter to you?" It was obvious he wasn't quick to be kind- he showed to be very defensive. "I-I'm just asking- what's the problem with just asking some thing?" Her head tilting. "I just don't get why you're so curious- that's all." He didn't seem like he was used to conversation...used against him as a distraction or a way to get a weakness out of him. Never as a kind or innocent thing. "You are a very odd creature to me- I've never seen your species here in my life.." "I'm unfamiliar to you because I've never been here before." He said. "I find you odd and unfamiliar too" Arufa shook the spines on her neck- they made a rattling sound. "Hm...w-well if you'd like me to I can try to introduce you to some of the islands species." Godzilla stared outside of the cave as thought for a moment. After a moment he nodded. "That would be good- I guess."
He looked back "Thank you." He said in a softer voice. "No problem! I'm Arufa- you are?"
"Godzilla." He said shortly. He wasn't very good with the whole conversation thing. "I'm going hunting now- I guess I'll see you around?" She said as she began to exit the cave.
Godzilla, who felt bad for being quiet stood up. "I will too." He said as he made his way out the cave.

The next chapter won't be published soon.