Chapter One

Chapter 1 Introduction

Cincinnati Ohio, December 31, 2000

Paul Levesque was a man that rarely got surprised but when his high school sweetheart called him out of the blue to inform him that they had an almost 16-year-old daughter that needed her father.

He was surprised. Surprised, livid, and a little hurt.

He had thought that Lynette would have told him that she was pregnant and that he was the father, he would have given up everything to be a father to their child.

But he never gave her the chance too, instead, he dumped her and moved on to his wrestling and bodybuilding career.

A choice he made and a choice that made him happy for so many years and now he was in a run-down part of town walking into a local strip club where his daughter Jaycee was working, his heart broke as white-hot anger boiled up in his stomach.

His almost 16-year daughter was running clad in a plaid schoolgirl mini skirt and a white button-down shirt tied under her bust.

He couldn't believe that her mother would let her do stuff like this. That was the Lynette he knew.

"Can I help you?" She asked placing an empty drink tray on her hip as she neared the couple.

"Are you Jaycee?" Stephanie McMahon, Paul's girlfriend, asked laying her hand on her boyfriend's forearm, her blue eyes on the blonde.

"I am, who are you?" She asked.

"I'm Stephanie McMahon. And this is Paul Levesque."

"Okay," Jaycee said she was unimpressed by her statement. Usually, when couples came in there she would have been taking them into a private room for the private show. Not she knew that was exactly what happened. Rosie and the other girls kept her in the dark about it. And she was almost thankful for it.

"I am your father," Paul said, finally finding his voice as he shrugged his leather jacket off before he stepped forward and wrapped it around her shoulders to cover her up.

"My father?" She asked with her laughter lacing her statement, "I don't have a father. My mother told me that my father flaked out on us when she was pregnant with me."

Paul shook his head folding his beefy arms across his chest.

"Can we talk about this somewhere private?" Stephanie asked, she could see some of the patrons looking at them almost interested in what was going on. She was taking it as if not many people were here to see Jaycee that she was just there to work and be a faceless pretty face.

"Yeah," Jaycee muttered, pushing her dirty blonde locks back. She went over to the bar and sat the tray down. She came back hugging her father's jacket to her body. "We can go into the dressing room, we are slow right now all the girls are out on the floor." She said softly, she dropped out of school and had picked up even more extra shifts to help cover her mother's ever-growing pile of medical bills.

The pile that gave her heartburn every time she saw it.

She curled up on the feather boa covered armchair. "How long have you been working here?" Stephanie asked, scrunching up her nose as she leaned against one of the makeup tables.

"About 4 months." She answered, "my mom's in the hospital with advanced-stage breast cancer. My best friend Rosie's uncle owns the place. He lets me bus tables or work at the bar to help pay the bills."  She shook her head, she knew that was a lie she had been working there for over a year and whatever money she got went directly to her mother's pimp and he delegated what bills if any got paid. 

Stephanie looked at Paul and saw the swirling range of emotions in his eyes and knew she had to be the one to carry on the conversation with the young girl.

"Why not look for Paul?" Stephanie asked.

"Mom told me he took off before she even got a chance to tell him about me. We have lived in the east end for as long as I can remember." She said, chipping some of the black nail polish off of her thumb, "about 2 years ago I met Rosie and her group of friends and they took me in and took care of me. They are my family." She played with a small star charm that hung on a silver chain around her neck.

"I am your family." Paul said his voice low and starchy with emotion."We want you to come live with us."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" She asked, her eyebrow raising. Who the hell did this guy think he was? "Just because you say you are my father doesn't mean shit. You haven't been around for the last 15 years, what makes you think you will actually be around now?"

"Because I said so." He said angrily.

"We said so." Stephanie corrected.

"Who the hell are you to him?" She asked standing up leaving the baggy leather jacket on the chair.

"I'm his girlfriend."

Jaycee shook her head, angry tears forming in her eyes as she folded her arms across her chest, "Why bother coming after me when it's pretty obvious that you are going to marry her and have your own family with her."

A family she could already tell she wasn't going to fit in too. She would rather just stay where she was and try to survive.

"Excuse me." She said stepping out of the back exit and going down the short flight of stairs.

Stephanie turned to Paul who who was frowning heavily. "You still want her to come to with us back to Stanford."

"I do. I want her to have a good life and not be in this shit hole. If she ends up hating me then so be it."