Chapter 21 Trouble is Coming

TRIGGER/WARNING SIGNS: MENTIONS OF VIOLENCE, NAME CALLING OF SEXUAL IDENTITY/ LGBTQ+, LANGUAGE

.
.
.
.
~☂️~

During that day, klaus decided to go talk to Dave and surprisingly he found him along with his uncle that he is with. Ben stayed outside trying to let klaus do his thing, try to talk to him. He leaned onto the window waiting for klaus, as he waits Ben still remembers what Maya said to him when they both departure.

" you know dave?"

Maya hummed, " me and him are friends and yeah... I know that klaus and him served in the war. And I have a feeling he's gonna talk to him."

Ben press his lips together debating whether or not tell klaus about Maya knew Dave. Crossed his arms even lean forward to the window of the diner, giving quick glances at klaus and Dave.

While, inside the diner, dave's uncle left the table going to the restroom. Leaving Dave alone while he was still eating. Klaus heard the uncle going to the restroom, as he took a sign of chance to go talk to Dave. Klaus immediately sat down in front of Dave, taking off his sunglasses and smiles.
" hey! Mamie pink right?" Dave recognize him.

Klaus points, " klaus Hargreeves, but you can call me whatever you want." Klaus introduced himself knowing that he already did in the past.

Dave nods, " how's she looking' ? The latrine?"

" listen to me. I have to talk to you about something important. Okay?"

" okay."

Klaus stays silent for a moment, " this is gonna sound kinda crazy, but, uh..." Klaus sighs, " ... I know you."

Dave was confuse by what he was saying, nods.
" uh, yeah, sure. From the hardware store."

" no, from before. " klaus recorrected himself.
" well, after, actually. Listen, I know you're thinking about enlisting, thinking its your duty cause your grandfather fought in World War I and your father fought in World War II, and that guy you're eating brunch with is your uncle Ryan who fought in Korea."

" Brian." Dave corrected him, shocked that klaus knows his fathers and grandfathers history.

" brain. And you look up to brain. And you're starting to believe all this stuff he's saying about the military making you a man."

" is this a joke or something?" Dave chuckles confusing.

" Dave, if you enlist, they're gonna send you out to Vietnam."

" what the heck are you talking about?"

" fifty thousand American soldiers and a million Vietnamese..." Klaus chuckles nervously telling him. " ... All die for nothing, because the dominoes aren't gonna topple, Dave." Dave continues to listen to him. " the communists aren't gonna invade all of east Asia. So--"