ꨄ︎ 7.

"But what do I care for?
What are you here for?
If you're not there when I call?"
My Mine | Jhene Aiko

Sunday morning
ꨄ︎ | 8:22 am

The weather in LA had been matching Blanche's mood as of lately. It'd been nothing but constant overcast and rain, which only resembled the way she was feeling inside. Today she was burying yet, another loved one. The child she and Grey lost.

The child she would never have a chance to meet.

Another child that Indie mercilessly ripped from her soul.

Rage and hate were steaming inside of her day in and day out from that very thought as her fingernails dug deeply into the palm of her hand, drawing blood. Blanche was blinded with anger and everything in her was gnawing at her to seek vengeance.

The burial was a private one, between only him and her, at the gravesite. Freshly forget-me-nots were planted around the marked site and tiny raindrops landed on the petals. Blanche's chest tightened in angst as tears slid down her cheek, watching the tiny casket being laid into the dirt.

"This is all my fault." She said just above a whisper, feeling herself choke up on her tears.

"Don't say that B." Grey adamantly insisted, wrapping his arm tighter around her shoulder and pulling her closer. He could feel her entire body shaking and knowing that she was hurting as much as she was, wounded Grey. What happened between them didn't matter to him now. His only concern was keeping her safe. Yes, she lied about the true nature of her and Juice's relationship, but Grey knew where her heart was and the bigger picture was more important. They needed each other more than ever now.

Once the interment ended, Grey and Blanche made their way back to the truck, where two of his bodyguards waited. Like he did since she met him, Grey opened the car door for her as she climbed inside with him in tow. He rolled up the partition as Blanche made herself comfortable on his chest. They rode in silence, taking a moment to reflect on burying their child. Grey softly massaged her scalp which only made Blanche drift off to sleep.

About an hour later they pulled up to Grey's home, the only place other than the hideout, that she felt comfortable at. Grey carried her inside and up to his bedroom. He made sure she was comfortable before walking out of the room.

"Where are you going?" Blanche nervously asked, immediately rising from the bed.

"To go see Jun for a minute." He hesitatingly replied. For a while, Grey noticed when the incident first happened, that whenever he brought up his daughter, the light in Blanche's eyes further diminished, so he avoided bringing Zora up altogether. He didn't want Blanche to feel some type of way about losing their child while he was still lucky enough to be with him.
. Before everything, Blanche was a constant figure in his daughter's life. Zora had been questioning the hell outta him about her. Her young mind couldn't understand why she'd just disappeared from her life and Grey didn't know how to explain to her why.

Blanche fumbled with her fingernails, "Can I go with you?" She asked.

Frankly, Blanche didn't want to be alone or away from Grey. This new bond that was created between them through trauma, had Blanche clinging to him. Of course, Blanche wasn't going to be alone. She would be protected by several armed men surrounding the vicinity. However, it just wasn't the same. His presence gave her a sense of security and protectiveness that she needed to feel to keep herself sane. She was still thanking God that Grey was willing to take her back even after she constantly lied to him. She couldn't bear dealing with this weight without him.

"Of course, ma," Grey replied, happy she wanted to tag along. Hearing that she was willing to come along, let Grey know that part of her was slowly healing. She smiled before following him out of the room. Blanche was excited to see Z, especially after the day she had. Being around Z's energy would shake some of the bad she had been feeling.

ꨄ︎

"Okay so I'm thinking gold and sage for the colors, what do you think about that?" Priya asked Nala as they sat at the kitchen table at Priya's mom's house.
They were planning her birthday dinner. It was Priya's 25th so she planned on keeping it light this year. Last year, for her Jordan year, she went all out including a seven-day trip to Aruba funded by her man, Khalil.

"Um, it's kinda of giving Wizard of Oz," Nala teasingly replied, scrunching up her face.

Priya playfully rolled her eyes, before flipping her the bird, "Alright hoe, not too much."

Nala laughed again before offering her suggestions, "How about just doing black and gold to keep it simple and classy?"

"Mhmm, I don't know. You know any shade of green is my favorite color." Priya responded.

"What y'all in here up to?" Javi nosily interrupted, entering the kitchen. It was Sunday, which meant their weekly family dinner. Everyone was planning on being in attendance, except Isis. With the way Javi was acting towards her, she didn't want to have to deal with all the awkward energy or questions about the status of their relationship.

"My birthday dinner. You're going to be there right?" Priya pressed, raising an eyebrow. She knew things were tense between him and Isis, however, Priya expected both of them to put their shit aside and show up for her dinner regardless. It was the Gemini in her.

"Uhh, when is it?" Javi asked. He was only teasing, he knew when her birthday was.

Priya sucked her teeth, "Nigga, don't play." She stated, trying to hit him but Javi quickly moved away.

"Chill, Pri. I'm just messin' with you. You know I'll be there." He responded, laughing.

"Do you plan on speaking to Isis when you see her?" Nala bluntly asked. She saw how much her sister was broken up over him and wanted to do anything she could to fix that.

Javi sighed, running his hands over his face. He wanted to reach out to Isis but truthfully his pride was stopping him. He gave Nala a shrug in response.

Priya sucked her teeth, shaking her head, "Y'all are both too fuckin' stubborn and that's y'all problem."

"Foreal," Nala agreed, "And look Isis would probably kill me for saying this...but I think she's pregnant and her ass is too sad over you to even deal with it." Nala still had her suspicions about Isis being pregnant and knew that as long as her sister was mopping over Javi, she wouldn't deal with that possible reality. She knew Isis would probably be pissed with Nala for inserting herself, but she didn't care.

"You're fucking lying?" Priya gasped, shocked.

Javi remained silent, taking in what Nala just confessed. He just found out a few days ago he wasn't the father of Serenity's baby and now Nala was telling him Isis could probably be carrying his baby. Shits crazy, he thought to himself. If Isis was carrying his child, then it would change a lot of things between them.

"How you think that?" Javi finally asked.

"I mean I'm not sure, but with the way she's been sleeping and not keeping anything down, there's a high possibility." Nala stated.

Javi nodded his head slowly, stroking his goatee, and taking in Nala's words. He wasn't trying to get his hopes up. They were still very much in a bad place, but it was something Javi always envisioned happening for them. Just not like this. For a moment, the thought of the child being Caine's crossed his mind, but Javi quickly dismissed that notion. He knew how he and Isis had been moving these past few months and playing it safe wasn't a phrase in their vocab. Javi needed to know if Nala's assumptions were right or wrong and planned on getting to the bottom of it, immediately.

ꨄ︎