Always And Forever??

SPOILER ALERT!
You're in the strategy and map hut of the Right Arm base. You're looking over Thomas's  scratch writing detailing the plan, and paced around the hut.You & your friends are staying behind for your rescue mission to save Minho while everyone is preparing to leave for safe haven.She was looking over at the plan, creating each scenario in her mind and what to do to avoid it. While she did it, she was tapping her foot constantly on the ground.
"You know staring at the wall won't make those 'what if's' get any better." Newt laughs quietly. When he finishes, he walks up to you to stand beside you at the wall. "We've gone through everything hundreds of times..."
"Can't help, I'm too worried" Her arms were crossed as she was still tapping her foot.
Newt sighs and places a hand on your shoulder, turning you towards him. "We have a plan, we have everyone we need... We've got everything we need to get Minho back; there's nothing to be worried about, right?"
She sighed "I'm worried about you, We still don't have the cure, and It's not fine at all...just look at your hand" She pulled the sleeve of his jacket up a little and there were blackish veins in his hand due to the flare. "I'm worried about this"
Newts face falls at your words. His eyes lock onto the veins and he pulls his sleeve down on his arm as if that would change anything. "I'll..." He swallows hard and try's again, slightly louder this time. "I'll be okay, I swear."
She stroked his cheek "No...you aren't, you always say it but you never are...Even back in the glade you used to be like this..."
 He nods slowly and looks into your eyes, but he couldn't even say the words to argue back. It was a pointless battle, and he knew it all too well. He wasn't fine, but pretending to be was the only thing he could do.
She sighed as he looked like he was in panic, stress, sadness all over him and he was about it lose it as he was hiding all this. She patted his shoulder and hugged him.
He pulls you into the hug and burrows his head into your shoulder. He lets out a heavy sigh. It'd been far too long since he'd been able to feel like this, just one on one, no chaos, no worrying, no pain... just you and him. A moment of peace and a hug...
"Stupid Newt..." She sighed and petted his head.

He cleared his throat as he looked away. "I... was...trying to think of the last time I..." His voice trailed off. With the last of his thoughts, he realized just how long it'd been since he'd been able to feel such care as you displayed by patting his head, something so simple yet it felt so nice and he just... couldn't resist. He leaned in and kissed your cheek.
Her eyes widened a little but then she giggled as her cheeks got pink. "The last time you hugged someone...it was when you hugged me as you vented others dying..." She stroked his cheek.

Newts heartbeat jumped into his throat at the words, all the emotions that he felt back when you first brought up the topic coming rushing back inside of him. He chuckled a little when you stroked his cheek, he squeezed your shoulder, smiling broadly. "Yeah... And it was a moment I will never forget."
"You better not, I gave you a little flower and then you stopped crying . Before that you were just crying like a little lost child." She chuckled and stroked the hair near his temple.
His smile widened, and he covered his face quickly to hide the blush that threatened to rise on his cheeks. He chuckled as well, and his laugh was a pleasant change from his stress-filled one. "I did not cry like a little kid! I was just sad, that's it!"
She chuckled "Oh you sure did, you cried like a child who was separated from his mother"
Newt's smile grew even brighter at your teasing, and he laughed some more when you compared him to a desperate child. He settled for another attempt at covering himself to hide his blushing cheeks. "I did not! I was just... A little... Sad!"
She chuckled and kissed his cheek "Yes, you were like a lost baby"
Your kiss took his breath away, and his eyes softened as his cheeks flushed. He chuckled nervously and looked away when you mentioned the baby part of his little tantrum.
But, He rolled his eyes, but a grin was growing on his face when he was teasingly arguing with you. He crossed his arms as well and smiled at you before speaking. "Nuh-uh."
"Uh-Huh" She smiled trying to hold in laughter and nodded.
Newts grin widened as he realized you might laugh at any moment. A smirk came across his facial features as he looked back at your eyes, not backing down for a moment. "Nu. Uh."
"Hm-hmm" She nodded vigorously, still holding her laugh.
Newts smirk widened as he saw you were still determined to prove a wrong point of his. He laughed softly, and his cheeks flushed even more when he continued to talk, He shook his head even more forcefully without realizing he was now just agreeing with you instead of fighting. "Nuh. Uuuhh!"
Uh-huhh!! She said louder and nodded.
He looked on with amusement when you yelled in response to his argument. He smirked warmly before shaking his head one last time with a laugh. In a way, his arguments were just his way of showing much he enjoyed teasing you. But he was not so sure this time. "Uh- nu... Uhh?"
She broke into laughter when he questioned his statement, she slapped her thighs hard while laughing. "Hm-hmm"
Newts mouth twisted into a smile as he heard you laugh, and he laughed softly, smiling at the sound of you happy. He laughed with you before shaking his head playfully and rolling his eyes at your continued effort of arguing him back. "Oh, come on...."
She smiled and chuckled "So hence proved, You were crying like a baby"
"I was not crying like a baby!" Newts voice raises slightly when he realizes you are trying to get him to admit he acted like a child. His cheeks redden further when you repeat the part about him crying like a little child, and his mind wanders to that day in the glade when he just couldn't contain his emotions and broke down in front of you. He looks back and frowns at you for repeating it.
This was the moment she knew, that she f up " Uh..well..sorry though, you know I love to tease you" She stroked his cheek.
Newts scrunched his face when you continued to stroke his cheeks, and the feeling was comforting. He leaned into your hands a bit before looking into your eyes with a small smile on his face as he spoke. "I know you do, but you can't just say whatever you want, you know?"

Now she looked like a little baby who was about to cry because she was separated from her mother, she looked down, tears came in her eyes due to the guilt and she look exactly like a lost baby. "Sorry..."
Your sudden look of remorse made Newts mind go into full 'MUST.PROTECT.BABY' mode. Your words hit him like an arrow as you looked down and spoke softly, His instinctual reaction was to wrap his arms around you and pull you close to him. He squeezed you tightly in his grasp.
She hugged him back tightly, mumbling and sniffling.
The feeling of protecting you was almost overwhelming for him. Your apology only made him squeeze you tighter as the sound of you mumbling and sniffling only added fuel to his instincts. As if you were a baby he needed to protect from any and all threats and dangers.
She sounded like a tiny baby sobbing while hugging him. "I- I'm sorry, I love you...sorry"
You sounded like a tiny baby and it made his instincts to protect you only stronger. His grip on you grew even tighter, he was filled with a sudden urge to protect you from everything. His breath came short, his heart now beating at a quick pace. "You've got nothing to apologize for... I love you too..."
She chuckled a little and sniffled "But you really were crying like a baby back then."
Newts mouth twisted into a playful smile when you laughed at him. He chuckled softly, but a blush came to his cheek when you said it in such a mocking way. After all, you were the other one there to witness his complete break down.
She hugged him tighter, smiling. "You looked really cute though...like a little puppy lost, sad...And I couldn't help but bring you the small flower...and hug you.."
The word's of you calling him "cute like a little puppy" was like pouring gasoline onto a fire of him wanting to protect you. His breath hitched in his chest when you mentioned the flower. A rush of memories of that moment hit him and the feeling of that flower in his hand came rushing back into him. 
She buried her face in his shoulder. "And I'll always bring you flowers as long as I live"
Newts grip only tightened around you when you buried your face into his shoulder. "You will... You'll always bring me flowers?" His voice was soft.
"Always" She nodded.
The word 'always' made his heart almost stop. You nodding your head made him feel warm and fuzzy, he spoke again. "Always?..." His eyes remaining locked on you as he thought about how you would be bringing him flowers forever.
She randomly pulled out a flower from her pocket and kept it on his ear "Always and....forever?" She chuckled.
Newts heart skipped a beat when your flower suddenly appeared on his ear. When you also laughed and asked if you would bring him flowers forever and forever, he realized you were hinting at the fact that you wanted him forever. He felt joy in your simple gesture, His eyes widened at this realization, and you saw a new glow to them even though they had always been bright. But now they were even brighter. "Always and forever"