𝐱. little secret

𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐄─── ・ 。゚⟡ 𑁍 ⟡ ˚。 ・ ───જ⁀➴  𝙻𝙸𝚃𝚃𝙻𝙴 SECRET  𖥔 ݁ ˖ ❫

𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐄
─── ・ 。゚⟡ 𑁍 ⟡ ˚。 ・ ───
  𝙻𝙸𝚃𝚃𝙻𝙴 SECRET  𖥔 ݁ ˖

THERE WAS RATHER a comfortable silence among them as they sat near each other, facing the ocean. It's been a little bit since it happened. They talked, laughed, but overall just stayed in silence.

"What're you gonna be for Halloween?" He asked, turning his head for a second before turning back to his previous position.

"I don't know," She answered truthfully, "Didn't really think about it."

"I was thinking about Tyler Durden," He remarked, making her roll her eyes knowingly, a smile now plastered on her face, "What?"

"Nothing," She said with a faint chuckle as he laughed, "I don't think I'll do anything this year. Stay in, you know."

"I know."

She smiled, "I want to say something, but I don't want you to, like, I can't explain—"

He didn't say anything. He patiently waited for her with a smile on his face as she struggled to find the words, "Rory,"

"Hm?" She snapped her eyes up to his, out of the rambling haze.

"Whatever you have to say can't be more surprising than what I just did. Calm down, and talk," Dylan smiled as she nodded.

She took a deep breath, "Listen, I don't know how to do this. I sort of want it to keep it between us. It's new and I want to take it slow, but I do know I feel something and I'll be fine with it if you're not on board with that."

He furrowed his brows as she stared at him blankly, her hand fidgeting with her necklace. His eyes flickered to the movement before he went back to her worried eyes, "I'm okay with it. You know I am, I get it."

She nodded. It was as if a weight had been lifted off her shoulders by the reassurance, "So, am I Marla?"

He scoffed, "I thought you didn't do parties?"

"I think I can handle suffering for two hours," She shrugged off, "Or have our own little party. Close friends, nothing too hectic, but before whatever classmate party you have. I don't want you to miss that."

"There'll be more," He shook his head.

She gave him a certain look to which he sighed in response, having nothing more to say as she had a satisfied grin.