⚗️ Dr. Cockroach Phd X Mutant! Arachnid! Reader ⚗️

✿ (Y/N): Your Name

✿ (F/C): Favorite Color

❀ (Y/N)'s P.O.V. ❀

   "Jeez, I'mma has to file a complaint to General for vandalism", I lightly joked as I rolled up my now ruined webbings with the help of Susan and Dr. Cockroach. "Can you imagine?" "Right? S'ok though, I can always reuse 'em", I said and set yet another balled-up webbing in my (F/C) basket, along with probably over ten other web balls as well. It wasn't long until Doc sprung down, all wrapped up in my silk making me yelp in the process, "My apologies dear spider, I'm afraid I am not much help", he apologized sheepishly and I giggle, "Aw It's ok Doc, here let me help you out", I spoke while climbing to the ceiling with my spider legs.

     My mutations have somewhat improved since my last appointment, and there appear to be no further changes. But, that's to be seen really. My human teeth grew sharper, almost jagged and my additional six eyes seemed to be used to scope out easier, meaning that I don't have to use all eight of my eyes at once. Which is quite a relief since I'm still adjusting to it due to migraines and dizziness. The main change though is my lower body; it's practically the entire spider part, the difference is that I'm walking on four and sometimes six legs if I sprint. As well as having several other features such as having a spider's organs and hidden mandibles, it's really weird.

But over time, it grew natural to me. I honestly believe that the hardest to get accustomed to is eating bugs for survival. "Hm, Maybe next time I'll come up with schematics for something that resists the webs' stickiness", I hear him as I gently tug and untangle the webbing, "That would be wise, although they'd have to take a sample to make it happen" "Don't you knit (Y/N)?", Susan ask and I nodded, "I do, but honestly I do it for repairs. Besides if I make clothing out of my silk for Doc it really wouldn't do much justice, it'll still stick together" I explain to the two, reminding them of the time I helped the Golden Gate Bridge repairs from a certain extraterrestrial robot.

     After fully freeing the Doctor, he held onto a single strand of webbing as I set him down on the floor, "Ah, Thank you (Y/N)" "It's no problem Doc", I said to him and we finished up my cell. After a good hour, all my old webbings are properly picked up and put away. Giving my thanks to my two helpers, I begin stringing up some new silk and begin to knit and sew my new pieces of furniture.

This may take a while.

❀-------------------------------------------------------------❀

Dr. Cockroach P.O.V.

~6:45 PM~

     I wonder what happened to (Y/N), it's been several hours since I last saw her/him/them. "Maybe she's/he's/they're still working on her/his/their new webbings? (Y/N) always fix her/his/their bed every morning" "Hm, well her cell was being examined, uh, should I bring her/his/their dinner?", I cringed looking at (Y/N)'s meal; a full large jar of dead flies and mosquitoes, as well as several other bugs that are identified as parasites in terms for horticultures. "I mean, General might be a bit suspicious of her/his/their absence so", Susan said also cringing at the sight, "Least it's closed", we hear Link speak as he toothpicks with a fish rib before letting out a large yawn. I should bring this, even though my roach-like instincts react otherwise.

Entering (Y/N)'s cell with her/his/their food in my arms, I took noticed some differences almost immediately. For one, she/he/they re-webbed the space; new hammock, curtains, hanging chairs, pillows. But what made me suspicious was the lack of web balls in her/his/their (F/C) basket, as well as her/his/their spray bottle that was full of water; now empty.

     Immediately I knew what occurred; (Y/N) used the spray on the webbings to reactivate the nutrients to absorb it and proceeded to eat the old webbings to make new silk proteins to produce new webbings. Settling the jar down on her/his/their coffee table and putting up a note, I took a closer look at where the arachnid rests; her/his/their hanging bed swing that can probably fit three or more humans. And there she/he/they were, fast asleep all bundled up and surrounded by pillows and plushies in a variety of sizes.

     Just as I was about to leave, I missed my footing and tripped into (Y/N)'s hammock made with the same new webbings with a yelp. Keeping my hands away from the webbing to prevent being further stuck, I did my best to escape, "Oh dear", I muttered and kept trying but because of my roach genetics and mutations, it's proven futile.

"Oh well, guess I'll hang around a bit longer"