Chapter Four - Grudge

It had been about an hour of just straight walking. Luckily for Suitcase, Knife was strong enough to carry her for a long time. Lightbulb's hadn't gotten any better since they found Paintbrush, it hurt Suitcase to see. Baseball looked pretty okay, but Suitcase had been around him enough to know he was hiding how he really felt.

Suitcase had tried her best to avoid eye contact with Knife the whole time they had been walking. She's talked to Knife multiple times before when the show was still running he had given her some really good advice in the past, but for some reason, this felt so much more awkward.

Taco turned around to face the group.

"Is everyone okay so far? Do we need to stop?" Taco asked rather politely. Baseball and Lightbulb turned around to look at Suitcase and Knife.

'Right... I'm the injured one.' Suitcase thought to herself, feeling the pressure of the decision weigh on her. The pain in her leg had not gotten any worse, nor had it gotten any better. She glanced back at Knife, he seemed pretty fine, but she didn't want to force him to carry her any longer if he didn't want to.

"We can take a short break if everyone wants to...." Suitcase said shyly.

"Alright, give me time to check out the surroundings," Taco said, wiping off her gun with the sleeve. She looked at Mepad and nodded at him to come with her. Knife rolled his eyes as he sat suitcase down.

"Who does she think she is...." Knife mumbled under his breath. Suitcase raised an eyebrow at him.

"What do you have against her? She seems pretty nice to me" Suitcase asked. She always tried to see the good in people no matter what, although that mindset had burned her badly during the competition.

"She's nothing but a manipulator," Knife said sternly. "She only helps people when she has something to gain."

"How do you know?" Suitcase questioned, curious about the long-running history these two have.

"I mean did you not see how she manipulated everyone in season one?" Knife replied. That was true, she had decided everyone in the past.

"Hm, that's true," Suitcase said "but are we sure that's who she is anymore, season one aired a while ago" Knife didn't reply, it was clear he wanted to say something but couldn't.

"She's probably going to end up getting us all killed somehow.."

"I say we give her a chance... She did save my life earlier." Suitcase looked up at Knife. He sighed and looked away, not saying anything else. Taco and Mepad emerged from the bushes once again.

"Good news, no zombies,." Taco said flatly, recharging her gun just in case.

"Wonderful." Knife said sarcastically. Taco rolled her eyes at him.

"Are we good to keep going?" Taco asked everyone. Everyone nodded.

"Do you need me to carry you again?" Knife asked Suitcase.

"I think I'm okay to walk." Suitcase smiled up at him. Her leg was still in pain, but she didn't want to inconvenience Knife anymore. He nodded and they both followed behind Lightbulb and Baseball.

Suitcase look at Lightbulb. Her head was down and her arms were crossed. She hasn't said a word at all since they started walking. Suitcase walked quickly to catch up with her.

"Hey Lightbulb," Suitcase said in a quiet soft tone. Lightbulb looked over at Suitcase and gave a small smile, still not speaking. "Are you alright?" Suitcase asked. What a stupid question, of course, she's not okay. Suitcase thought to herself. Lightbulb sighed, glancing back down at the ground.