training

in life there were many battles one had to fight, in order to overcome some demons. a saying once said, if the going get's tough the tough get's going.
if one couldn't face his inner demon's, then it would hunt them for the rest of their lives.
it had been over an hour, since kyle had been in serious battle since the arrival of the 10 foxmen. he was currently covered in sweat, panting and huffing in air.
he would constantly dodge and defend, any attacks thrown by the foxmen.
since the beginning of the fight, it was an out-numbered match from the start. but that didn't mean kyle was weak at all.
no! he was fairing quite well in the fight, following the tips the old vampire told him.
'just dodge and defend.' the old vampire said. 'then when you see an opening take it without holding back.' that was the tip he had given his student.
kyle had finally figured out, why this foxmen were so dangerous and fast. it was because of their high agility and number, which made them so swift in a fight.
"I think am getting the hang of this." kyle smiled blocking a bat to his head, and landing a heavy fist to the foxmans face. the bones in the man's skull shattered, as his bloody body crashed into a tree branch.
a knife was heading towards kyle's back. but as if on instinct, his foot moved fast landing a kick to the man's neck. which snapped in the worst way possible, killing him instantly.
kyle then smiled at Vladimir who still sat on the tree top, with a wide smile on his face. the reason, why kyle was fairing quite well in this fight. was because of the little help he got, now and then from his vampire teacher.
"they haven't moved since I wonder what they're planning." kyle had been watching the two, two tailed foxmen since the fight started. they hadn't moved an inch, even when they saw they're comrades die in their front. only keeping a poker face, holding their respective weapons.
kyle couldn't careless about the foxmen he killed, hell he'd kill more to evolve! but this reaction these so called leaders displayed, disgusted him to the bone.
'as a leader they were the ones meant to challenge him not the small fries.' he thought staring at them.
"argh!" kyle groaned as he was stabbed in the ribs by a foxman.
"oh no! you don't." kyle caught a grip of the sneaky foxman who tried to escape.
"you're not so tough without your speed now are you." he smiled evilly, as he crushed the bones in the foxman knuckles.
"er-ghh!" the man screamed, but kyle didn't stop in the slightest. and next, brutally pulled apart the man's arm. like a hot knife slicing through butter.
"argh! rongar help me." the foxman cried in pain for help, to one of the two two tailed foxmen at the left, who had an emotionless expression.
'bam!' kyle's finger tips forcefully made their way, to the insides of the man's throat. as he pulled out the man's osulphagus.
'phukk! phukk~' fresh blood spilled everywhere, as the man dropped dead. even Vladimir's expression changed a bit from happy to excited, as he saw kyle fatally rip the man's throat out.
"aren't you going to do anything will you just watch like coward's as your mates die!" kyle yelled his veins bulging.
the remaining foxmen lost their confidence, as they saw their friend meet a dreadful demise.
"no matter if you're scared or not I promise you all a painful death." kyle grinned, his eyes glowing bright red under the darkness of the thick dark fog. giving him the appearance of the devil himself.
"he-he! my student really is incredibly maybe I underestimated him." Vladimir smiled his lips pursed upwards.
kyle found out the vampire could make himself invincible, for some time. which was quite useful in a fight.
but right now the vampire just invincibly watched from above, silently cheering his student.
fear enclouded the minds of the foxmen, as they stared at the demon in their front. they were currently moving back, with shivering hands.
"cracg gun na Putin."
"um Mac tum BRE!"
kyle couldn't understand the strange language, the foxmen were speaking. he guessed it was like their local dialect, or something like that.
he was sick and tired of standing around. and was about moving, when a foxman holding a spear suddenly dropped it, and started running away into the forest.
'hmm.. coward's.' kyle smiled.
"no! im barck tuu!" another tried to stop him. but it didn't take long before a piercing sound, cutting through the winds cut through the man's back.
the foxman holding a bow with arrows on his back, had his bow held high in the direction where the dead foxman laid.
"mack tuu bull fruu."
"Mo's Ching dargg grill." the fox bow-man yelled. and his hand moved three more times, as the cutting sound were heard with the thuds of the remaining foxmen.
now kyle was a bit stunned of some things. first of all, the foxman moved his hands so fast that his eyes could barely keep up. second, he was amazed by the type of arrow this foxman used, it was basically cutting through air.
and lastly, was the shocking fact that he just brutally murdered his men, because they tried to run.
"mack tuu barck follg." the foxman holding the two daggers spoke, in a deep voice staring at kyle.
"sorry but I don't speak crazy." kyle taunted remaining calm.
"I said you're a strong one." the foxman spoke fluently, this time in English.
"of course I am! I just killed all your men leaving you and him." the demon pointed to the bowman, who just stared at him. keeping his paw like hands on the strange bow.
"ha- ha you sure do know how to make a joke~ I admit you killed my men which means you're not some average person." the foxman praised grinning widely.
"what do you want?" kyle asked already knowing where he was going.
"all this power shouldn't go to waste for nothing why don't you join me I promise to help you in anyway possible."
"so you mean you can help me grow stronger?" kyle played along.
"of course! much more stronger than you could ever imagine."
[quest received]
[display of power: one tailed foxmen are no more a threat to you. but two, two tailed foxmen would surely kill you. display your power and kill the two two tailed foxmen]
[reward: two instant level ups] [penalty: death]
kyle's hands were placed on his chins, as if he was in deep thought about something. when he finally raised his head high.
"sorry but I already have a teacher and besides you're already helping me evolve by making me kill you."
the smile on the foxmans face immediately turned sour, as his blood began to boil.
"think about your decision boy am basically saving your life!"
"thanks but no thanks." kyle smiled refusing the offer.
"ha~ I tried to help you boy but now I promise to make you regret your words." immediately the piercing sound occurred, and kyle was flung back into a robust tree denting it.
[hp: 180/200]
[strange arrow is stuck in right chest]
[regeneration process is halved]
"arggh!" kyle screamed as he pulled the arrow from his chest. there was a hole, with black blood oozing out where the arrow once was.
"kyle are you alright!" snow yelled. she could tell that arrow wasn't just any ordinary arrow, as it had strange runes on it.
"it hurts as hell but am ok." kyle got up regaining his posture, as he held the strange arrow in his hands.
'now would be a great time to magically give me a weapon snow.' kyle rolled his eyes, he had been fighting with nothing more than his bare hands. if it were normal one tailed foxes, he would fair well. but two two tailed foxes with strange weapons, were another thing entirely.
"I wish I could but even I can't get to decide that it's left for the system." kyle wondered why the system, had suddenly given him a quest now of all times.
'it wouldn't be easy but if I kill this two the system will grant me 2 instant level ups.' the thought of this was so good to kyle's ears, that he couldn't almost reject the quest.
'but I could also die if am not careful.' the penalty for failure of the quest was death, and he couldn't afford that not in the slightest.
'phee~ phee!'
kyle immediately moved away from the tree, as soon as he heard those sounds. and he was lucky he did, cause the tree where he once was, was immediately exploded as dodged.
"this is your last chance join me!"
"I'd rather die!" kyle yelled. running in a zigzag pattern, trying to avoid all of the strange arrows as possible.
"then so be it."
this time the foxman holding the bow, suddenly started running at fast speeds, still fiercely firing arrows at kyle. everytime an arrow would hit a tree or the ground, it would make a small explosion sound.
"if only I could get to him." kyle muttered. the bow was really a troublesome thing, as it was meant for long range attacks. which kyle was currently facing.
in terms of speed, the bowman had the upper hand. as he constantly blurred from kyle's vision. only the piercing and small explosions, caused by the arrows could be heard.
"this fox people are really annoying." Vladimir gently muttered. observing the one handed fight, between kyle and the foxmen.
'I might have to join in soon.' he smiled folding his arms together.
kyle leapt from a tree branch, as he barely avoided the arrow. he didn't know if it was a skill, or a normal stat. but he knew that with every arrow fired, the foxman's speed would increase adding more trouble for him.
he couldn't use any skills in the system only his normal stats, as it was currently offline. the foxes had the upper hand, and it didn't take long before an arrow caught his leg.
"fuck!" he screamed. part of the skin covering his leg, had been peeled away. showing some parts of his white bone, which was bent in the most awkward way possible.
he was now down to one leg, dropping his speed drastically. as an arrow exploded at his guts.
'boom!'
his abdominal torsos were torn with a fist hole, planted in his kidney area. blood spilled out as he could feel sharp stinging pains, being transmitted to his brain.
"an honourable death is better than a coward's death." he said gritting his teeth unready to give up.
'just one shot that's all I need.' he thought wiping fresh blood off his mouth.
"is that all you got you fucking dog!" kyle yelled taunting the fox with the bow, who had stopped firing the arrows.
"I mean didn't you're bitch mother teach you how to kill somebody or are you just pussy." kyle laughed, hoping his abuses would get to the fox's skin. and it worked, as this taunt had really gotten through the skin of the fox.
raising his bow he placed an arrow on the string, pulling it with much more force than before.
"come on give me your best shot." kyle said as the arrow was released from the fox grip. one could tell this arrow, contained much more power.
it made small bang noises, cutting through the air heading for kyle.
"w-what are you doing get out of there!" Vladimir shouted.
but kyle didn't move an inch, as the arrow pierced his heart. sending him flying back crashing into a tree, as it exploded the loudest sound yet.
'boom!!'
'n-no.' Vladimir couldn't believe it. he had wanted to help kyle, but the latter sternly asked not to. and he couldn't go against his wishes, or it would be deemed harmful, according to the blood contract.
"such a waste." the foxman holding the two daggers shook his head, staring at kyle's lifeless body.
"retrieve his heart it would make a good trophy." he said and the fox holding the bow nodded, as he went to kyle's body. crouching down, a big hole could be seen in kyle's left chest. with what little left of heart he had.
as the foxman's hand stretched out to remove his heart, he noticed something wasn't right. he could clearly hear the heartbeat of kyle!
'no he's ali-'
the words of the foxman got stuck in his throat, as his heart was fatally ripped out from his chest. there was only shock and regret in his eyes, as kyle's mocking gaze stared him to hell.
"w-what? h-ow is it even possible." the remaining foxman muttered. he thought kyle was as good as dead, cause no one would've survived that. and more importantly, there was a hole were his heart was meant to be.
"judging from your facial expression I can boldly say that you're surprised as to how am alive right?"
kyle smiled staggering up to his feet, with the support of the partially destroyed tree.
"well let's just say two hearts is better than one." he chuckled painfully. the truth of how kyle was still alive, was because of an important grant of becoming a demon.
while kyle was with lilith, she told him all demon's had two hearts. while this was amazing, he couldn't feel his second heart. but his demon wife assured him it was there, and he just needed to try to feel it.
when he made the blood contract with Vladimir, he could feel a connection with the second heart, but it didn't last for long. but when he fought the foxman who was a farmer, he felt it again. when he felt his life flash before his eyes.
so now while fighting this two tailed foxman, he had a strange theory in mind which he wasn't sure of. and that theory was he needed to take out the first heart, in order to focus more on the second. it was a succide attempt, but he was already in a life and death situation.
"did you think it was only you who had some tricks up their sleeve." kyle gently spoke, as he could feel the tissues in his body regenerating a new heart.
the face of the foxman contorted, as he gripped his dagger firmly staring at kyle.
"n-now that I've known you're tricks you're as good as dead." he smiled speeding straight for kyle, with his danger swung diagonally. he didn't take 5 sec, before the gap was closed between him and kyle. with his danger, inches away from kyle's neck.
"that's enough!" a figure appeared in kyle's front. as a burst of aura exploded from the figure's body, sending the foxman back.
"you had me worried there kid I didn't know what I was going to tell lilith." Vladimir playfully smiled nudging kyle's shoulder.
"ha! I thought students were meant to give their masters heart attack." kyle weakly smiled back.
"y-ou can rest now that's enough training for today." the old vampire said, as his blood red eyes were fixed on the foxman.
"who the hell are you s-stay away from this this isn't your business old man!" the foxman shouted. he knew this stranger which just appeared, was way stronger than him.
"old? who are you calling old." Vladimir shook his head, and with a snap of his fingers the foxman's head fell to the ground. rolling on the dry leaves, as blood spurted everywhere from his neck.
kyle's eyes widened ten-folds, as he saw the man's head rolling on the floor.
"h-he just snapped his fingers." kyle muttered staring at Vladimir's back.
'the kind of power these higher beings contained was just terrifying.'